• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN SUB MARINER #1 Another Ebay 7.0! What do you think?

23 posts in this topic

not a 7.0 by a long shot in my opinion...heck I think a 6.0 is a stretch here with the stain, big chunk missing, and way too many other obvious flaws to mention.

That chunk missing is actually a printing defect that CGC allows above 9.0 if I'm not mistaken. I think 4.0 is a little harsh. I'd go Fine range...5.5 or so.

I am interested as to why you think this book is a 5.5? Even with the tear being a production issue. I am always looking to improve my grading. Am I missing anything in particular with this book? The water damage will get hammered by the fine folks in Sarasota. Along with the other condition issues. I just can't see this book in a 5.5 slab. If you would care to elaborate. I would like to hear your thoughts on why you think this book is a 5.5. Thanks in advance.

There were pics, but all the flaws did not show as well as the enlarged pics

I displayed. I also bought based on the reputation of this seller and fellow

board member. I was surprised when I received it.

He claims it was a CGC 7.5 cracked out of its case.

Did he show you the CGC lable ? Just curious.

DRX

There were no pics in the slab and that info was not revealed to me until I requested to return it for a refund. The book does look slightly nicer than the scans I posted, mostly the cover has nice gloss, but with all the flaws I can't see the book any higher than a 5.0 and that is being generous.