• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FT's High Grade Marvel Silver & Bronze Age

1,780 posts in this topic

JIM #122

:takeit:

It's not a huge deal, but Nick, I ran into this issue during my holiday thread and people complained. I only allow sales now so people all get a fair shot, i.e., no two screens open with a book already typed or just having it preformatted. Of course I'm not telling you what to do, but I ended up having to put an end to this practice in heavily contested threads.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I think the only way to put a stop to it is to insist that a bidder quotes my actual post with the :takeit: or else the bid's not valid? hm

I think that's fair way to do it.

I agree too.

80 take it

85 take it

Just saying not the only one ... (shrug)

My point is, I actually did this directly in response to Danny doing it to point out the unfairness in proceeding this way. Nick has the ability to run things how he sees fit, and I'm just pointing it out based on my experience.

My feeling Max, isn't that you are to blame or that you did something wrong. It's one of those things though, that to level the playing field, I enforced in my thread.

Yours is just an example where people started pointing it out, and I wanted to raise it with Nick etc.

80 take it

85 take it

Just saying not the only one ... (shrug)

My point is, I actually did this directly in response to Danny doing it to point out the unfairness in proceeding this way. Nick has the ability to run things how he sees fit, and I'm just pointing it out based on my experience.

My feeling Max, isn't that you are to blame or that you did something wrong. It's one of those things though, that to level the playing field, I enforced in my thread.

Yours is just an example where people started pointing it out, and I wanted to raise it with Nick etc.

(thumbs u

Marvel team-ups and/or early Marvel Tales tonight? :wishluck:

MT :(

Not Worthy :baiting:

:gossip: Pre-20 = worthy

Marvel Feature #7

VF

$13

Manthing 17 & 18 :takeit:

Noobs to 'The F_T Experience' :headbang:

Welcome, gentlemen, and thank you! (worship)

I believe "spideyinacase" is letting me take the "Marvel Feature #7".

I think he sent you a PM? He's already confirmed it with me already.

We ok on this?

Marvel Feature #7

VF

$13

Manthing 17 & 18 :takeit:

Noobs to 'The F_T Experience' :headbang:

Welcome, gentlemen, and thank you! (worship)

I believe "spideyinacase" is letting me take the "Marvel Feature #7".

I think he sent you a PM? He's already confirmed it with me already.

We ok on this?

We are good. (thumbs u

Due to real life and stuff doh! we're starting a bit late tonight in around 20 minutes. :sorry:

However, I've thought on last night's events and whilst David did nothing wrong, because I hadn't specified the acceptable forms of :takeit: , I do understand how it might disadvantage some people.

Therefore, from here on in, you must quote my post with the :takeit: or the bid isn't valid.

Does that sound fair?

So is there any new rules on :takeit: tonight and going forward? (i.e. must quote the book, etc.)

not that it will matter for me...because I will likely wait until it is over and see if there is any meats left on the carcass like last night :grin:

Due to real life and stuff doh! we're starting a bit late tonight in around 20 minutes. :sorry:

However, I've thought on last night's events and whilst David did nothing wrong, because I hadn't specified the acceptable forms of :takeit: , I do understand how it might disadvantage some people.

Therefore, from here on in, you must quote my post with the :takeit: or the bid isn't valid.

Does that sound fair?

Sounds fair (thumbs u

Does that sound fair?

Fine by me... (thumbs u