• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A LOOK BACK: 'miamicomic'

26 posts in this topic

Fun fun.

I've had my share of sociopaths.... :cloud9: One even called me incessantly at 4 AM. Too bad he didn't know I was up for work at that point...

"gwentleaf" - did I know that was you, F_T? Were you ever on the eBay boards...?

I remember the name, seen it hundreds of times, but don't remember if it was on auctions or on the boards...boards, I think.

Nick was definitely on the Ebay Boards for a good while, a member in good standing. Ask Rashka, she met Nick through that Board and they got very drunk in Philly (very drunk for Rashka being 2 beers). Not sure if Gwent showed up before or after you and Ejavert had your "remainder copies for sale" argument. God, what a classic...

Fun fun.

I've had my share of sociopaths.... :cloud9: One even called me incessantly at 4 AM. Too bad he didn't know I was up for work at that point...

"gwentleaf" - did I know that was you, F_T? Were you ever on the eBay boards...?

I remember the name, seen it hundreds of times, but don't remember if it was on auctions or on the boards...boards, I think.

Nick was definitely on the Ebay Boards for a good while, a member in good standing. Ask Rashka, she met Nick through that Board and they got very drunk in Philly (very drunk for Rashka being 2 beers). Not sure if Gwent showed up before or after you and Ejavert had your "remainder copies for sale" argument. God, what a classic...

hm

:hi: sm!

II was there from the beginning through 2003, so...I knew I recognized the name, but didn't know he was F_T here. I remember how excited we all were when they added an actual board, instead of that silly scrolling thing.

We all really did get along...once. Ahhh...the good ol' days. :cloud9:

You guys remember the oddest stuff.....I don't even remember that "fight with Ejavert (I barely remember Ejavert!)! What's the gist? (other than, obviously, remainder copies)

It's funny, when I met TT last year at SD, he was like "oh man, remember thus and such argument you had" and I was like..."um...huh?" I truly don't remember arguments on the 'net. lol

You know who I miss the most? Aside from Sheri...I miss the couple from Australia, the ones I sent the Rai #3 to. I don't even remember their names half the time. :( They were the sweetest, sweetest people on earth.

Fun fun.

hm

:hi: sm!

:hi:

II was there from the beginning through 2003, so...I knew I recognized the name, but didn't know he was F_T here. I remember how excited we all were when they added an actual board, instead of that silly scrolling thing.

We all really did get along...once. Ahhh...the good ol' days. :cloud9:

Yup, the Board scrolled mighty fast!

You guys remember the oddest stuff.....I don't even remember that "fight with Ejavert (I barely remember Ejavert!)! What's the gist? (other than, obviously, remainder copies)

It's funny, when I met TT last year at SD, he was like "oh man, remember thus and such argument you had" and I was like..."um...huh?" I truly don't remember arguments on the 'net. lol

Yeah, sometimes I can remember the little things, lol. She was on a jag about how it was morally wrong to sell remainder copies, even 40 years after they were supposed to be "returned". She got so pizzed about it, she quit the Board then and she's never returned.

You know who I miss the most? Aside from Sheri

I could direct you to her, if you're not just being coy hm

...I miss the couple from Australia, the ones I sent the Rai #3 to. I don't even remember their names half the time. :( They were the sweetest, sweetest people on earth.

Kim and Caerwyn (sp?) :applause: I had IM'd with them a few times after they left the Board. Great people!

Yeah, sometimes I can remember the little things, lol. She was on a jag about how it was morally wrong to sell remainder copies, even 40 years after they were supposed to be "returned". She got so pizzed about it, she quit the Board then and she's never returned.

Ohhhhh....now I remember. I think my argument was "look...the chain of ownership for most of these books is so convuluted by now, there's really no way anybody could...or would even want to...try and go after people who owned them, the vast majority of them long since removed from the original strippers."

Even though she had a point...it was so muddled by the passage of time as to be functionally worthless. In a perfect world, she'd be 100% right. But then, in a perfect world, those books wouldn't exist.

And it's sad she left and never came back. I'm sure I wasn't very gentle. That was in my naive phase, when I truly believed that anybody could be reasoned with, if I was just persistent enough, if I just found the right angle to approach the debate, people would come around. Man, the 20's are a bizitch.

lol

I would say people shouldn't give up so easily, but then I left, too. My skin was a tad bit thinner in those days. It also goes to show how improtant integrity and consistency is in life...these are events nearly a decade, and in some cases over, across multiple platforms, and multiple user names...and we all STILL remember what happened.

Imagine, if I'd stumbled onto the CGC boards in '02 after leaving the eBay boards, instead of Valiantcomics.com. Man, I could have been some sort of CGC board overlord, Greggy style by now...

:roflmao:

You know who I miss the most? Aside from Sheri

I could direct you to her, if you're not just being coy hm

lol

All I have to do is send her a PM. ;) Hope she's recovering from the fire.

...I miss the couple from Australia, the ones I sent the Rai #3 to. I don't even remember their names half the time. :( They were the sweetest, sweetest people on earth.

Kim and Caerwyn (sp?) :applause: I had IM'd with them a few times after they left the Board. Great people!

That's it!

That was in my naive phase, when I truly believed that anybody could be reasoned with, if I was just persistent enough,

You've changed into a less persistent person? :roflmao:

That was in my naive phase, when I truly believed that anybody could be reasoned with, if I was just persistent enough,

You've changed into a less persistent person? :roflmao:

No.

I just don't give a rat's arse anymore.

(thumbs u