• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which Overstreet cover is the hotness this year?

Overstreet 40 covers  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Overstreet 40 covers

78 posts in this topic

They've had some great covers over the years. My first was a Barks Porky Pig, and the following year I got this:

11-01-08-1099.jpg

Yep, ya gotta like Bill Ward's women . . . :grin:

They're both hideous. Absolutely hideous. But against Bats, there's no contest.

+1. These covers suck, honestly. But since I am a Batman fan, I'll go with Batman.

I'm both a Cap fan and a Bats fan, but I agree they both suck. I went with a Bats though . . . ;)

They've had some great covers over the years. My first was a Barks Porky Pig, and the following year I got this:

11-01-08-1099.jpg

Yep, ya gotta like Bill Ward's women . . . :grin:

I've got a new spare copy of that if you need it? It came from Overstreet. Who collects the OPG?

We're all Will Smith fans, Men in Black II; "...old and busted hotness."

I went for the bats, Like you guys It was the one I prefered, but both are terrible (shrug)

You're not still sore cuz of that Revolutionary War thing are you :baiting:

Drawing a nose at that position is pretty difficult. I'm not making excuses for the way it looks or agreeing with you on it. I'm a big JRJR fan, probably one of the few. I've never understood the dislike his art usually garners.

If I ever get into the OA game his art will be one of the first I buy. I turned down a Punisher War Zone(the best one of the series) splash for $200 years ago and it's been eating at me ever since.

Voldemort... :censored:

lol

I've never understood the dislike his art usually garners.

It's...TOO...BLOCKY.

It was aweseome and excellent....JUST about until he finished his DD run in the late 80's.

Then it got choppy, blocky, heavy, and liney.

Not everyone in the world has a face shaped like a rectangle, after all.

uncanny_x-men_300@m.jpg

Look at those faces. Look! Rectangle, rectangle, rectangle, rectangle, SQUARE.

And look at Bishop's hair! He's wearing a Mul-fro! A MUL-FRO!

:sick:

I'll be the first to say I like his art when it's not pencilled by Dan Green like the above issue. Infact, I really disliked most of his UXM run.

He's a great story teller, that's a hard one to debate I think. Regardless of anyone's opinion on his style the guy sure knows how to tell a story.

Plus, I really like his general artistic style and I think he never misses a beat when it comes to his anatomical rendering. Sure he might use(or over use) really well defined jaw lines but that's part of his style that I like so much.

I hate olives though, you too? :wishluck: