• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY @#$%*&****

26 posts in this topic

Seriously I thought it was horrible and I laughed my butt off at it.

It's less horrible than the completely unbelievable concepts behind all of the previous few Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter films, but you're right, the critics will likely be ravaging the acting and writing in this film. That doesn't mean it won't be fun to watch the fighting though...I enjoyed the first Mortal Kombat quite a bit even though it's definitely a crappy film.

Seriously I thought it was horrible and I laughed my butt off at it.

It's less horrible than the completely unbelievable concepts behind all of the previous few Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter films, but you're right, the critics will likely be ravaging the acting and writing in this film. That doesn't mean it won't be fun to watch the fighting though...I enjoyed the first Mortal Kombat quite a bit even though it's definitely a crappy film.

If you enjoyed it then it wasn't a crappy film.

Imo the first MK film was one of the two best video game movies made.

The acting was crappy, the Goro makeup was decent but made him look so dorky and stiff that any credibility of him being a strong fighter was right out the window, the story and plot were awful and clearly an afterthought to the film's conception. But the fighting sequences were halfway decent, and 100x better than that was the ROCKIN' soundtrack...that movie's score was just totally smokin! The main Mortal Kombat theme was particularly hot, I was hummin' that and listening to it for months after the film--it gets my heart going now just thinking about it. :cloud9:

The acting was crappy, the Goro makeup was decent but made him look so dorky and stiff that any credibility of him being a strong fighter was right out the window, the story and plot were awful and clearly an afterthought to the film's conception. But the fighting sequences were halfway decent, and 100x better than that was the ROCKIN' soundtrack...that movie's score was just totally smokin! The main Mortal Kombat theme was particularly hot, I was hummin' that and listening to it for months after the film--it gets my heart going now just thinking about it. :cloud9:

I pop it in my CD player in my car every so often.

Fraking Great music

the MK theme is still on my workout play list :headbang: