• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader's notes?

23 posts in this topic

Yeah, we've been asking for that forever. Seems like it would be fairly easy to provide (heck, they could even charge for it to help offset costs).

But, perhaps it goes along with what FF was saying regarding inconsistencies. I can certainly see someone creating a spreadsheet on a certain grade. You cross check multiple, multiple books for notes. Highlight inconsistencies and come on here and start a thread about it. Big headache for CGC.

Yes, you could do the same thing by calling, but that would take forever. Having instant access (similar to the census), one could put this together fairly quickly.

Back when they first put the CGC barcode lookup function on the Collector's Society web site for members, didn't they originally say they were going to make the grader's notes available? Or am I just remembering us talking here about how we hoped they'd do that? Either way, if they wanted to make the notes available, that was the perfect time to do it given that they were exposing lots of other grading fields about CGC-graded books on their web site, so they clearly didn't want those notes out there. Inconsistency in the notes is the reason I wouldn't put it out there if I were Borock or Haspel.

didn't they originally say they were going to make the grader's notes available? Or am I just remembering us talking here about how we hoped they'd do that?

I think it was just wishful thinking on our part.

I don't remember them saying that, and I actually don't even remember them commenting on why they didn't/wouldn't. I'm sure it's for the reasons we stated.

Yeah, we've been asking for that forever. Seems like it would be fairly easy to provide (heck, they could even charge for it to help offset costs).

But, perhaps it goes along with what FF was saying regarding inconsistencies. I can certainly see someone creating a spreadsheet on a certain grade. You cross check multiple, multiple books for notes. Highlight inconsistencies and come on here and start a thread about it. Big headache for CGC.

Yes, you could do the same thing by calling, but that would take forever. Having instant access (similar to the census), one could put this together fairly quickly.

Back when they first put the CGC barcode lookup function on the Collector's Society web site for members, didn't they originally say they were going to make the grader's notes available? Or am I just remembering us talking here about how we hoped they'd do that? Either way, if they wanted to make the notes available, that was the perfect time to do it given that they were exposing lots of other grading fields about CGC-graded books on their web site, so they clearly didn't want those notes out there. Inconsistency in the notes is the reason I wouldn't put it out there if I were Borock or Haspel.

My recollection is that someone with a GREEN name at one point stated it was CGC's intention to make them available to CS members. Like many things, it was dropped by the wayside. Can anyone with way too much time on their hands do a search and confirm this? :insane: