• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look trimmed?

12 posts in this topic

the item does not look trimmed to me.. but it is obviously trimmed poorly by the factory.

also, I'm not sure what the previous poster means about the guy's fgeedback.. He has trouble with one buyer who may or may not be a bummer himself. For instance, if it's true he wanted a refund before returning teh comic book, that is suspicious. If the post office damaged the comic, he must return it before I would issue a refund, unless I was going to refund and let him keep the comic book.

It actually looks like a singular dispute that may not have been solvable.

If the seller sent it packed poorly, well that why it's insured.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRIME-SUSPENSE-STORIES-25-F-F-10-11-54-NO-RESERVE-/260614637540?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cadd7c7e4#ht_500wt_1075

That edge looks too good to be true and it doesn't look like enough of a mis-wrap to have the logo cut off that much.

Thanks

It very well could be trimmed, but don't assume it is by the logo being cut off. There are a lot of EC comics with the logo cut close or partially off. One common example is Mad #5. One thing you can do (though a lot of people on this forum will say it's not a foolproof method, not even close) is to search through the Heritage archives and look at other copies of the same book, especially copies that have been CGC-grade and are in blue labels.

the item does not look trimmed to me.. but it is obviously trimmed poorly by the factory.

also, I'm not sure what the previous poster means about the guy's fgeedback.. He has trouble with one buyer who may or may not be a bummer himself. For instance, if it's true he wanted a refund before returning teh comic book, that is suspicious. If the post office damaged the comic, he must return it before I would issue a refund, unless I was going to refund and let him keep the comic book.

It actually looks like a singular dispute that may not have been solvable.

If the seller sent it packed poorly, well that why it's insured.

I just bought a book from the seller, he was fine. He emailed me after I paid to say he found the centerfold was detached when he was packing the book, and to let him know if I had any problems. Excellent communication and he went out of his way to be nice. He followed up immediately. His packing could be a tad better, but the book I bought was lower grade. The reason it could be better was because the backing board he used was too small, but he did use stiff cardboard as protection.

I'd email him and ask for more pictures. He's very nice.

I'm sorry, but I cant resisit... :)

DANGER DANGER Bill Robinson...THAT BOOK LOOKS TRIMMED!

I'm sure you never heard that one before.

lol

Yeah, I get that a lot.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. This forum is a wealth of . . .knowledge. Yeah, knowledge.