• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP (board member) deamentia.

154 posts in this topic

A spidey fan that is a creative and lives in SF does this, maybe this is an dark omen

showing a reflection that my dream would not have been what I thought it would have been.

Or possibly an extremely rare exception. The only thing one can glean from this tragedy is that there is nothing to glean.

A spidey fan that is a creative and lives in SF does this, maybe this is an dark omen

showing a reflection that my dream would not have been what I thought it would have been.

Or possibly an extremely rare exception. The only thing one can glean from this tragedy is that there is nothing to glean.

yeah, I hear you...

It just shows you how whacked out life is...

You covet a certain thing and it gets throw up in your face.

Sad to say, I won't think of that SF designer lifestyle ever again

without remembering this.

:P

Well, it always sucks to hear something like this. Best wishes to the surviving family members.

He seemed like a nice guy the few times I interacted with him. I bought a great set of Marvel Zombies from him back in 2008 and by an odd twist of fate (I suppose), I just had #1 of that same set signed by Stan Lee for a SS book two weeks ago, it's being graded now.

Guess I probably won't look at that book the same way again, for more reasons than one.

It is a terrible tragedy when this happens on any level and it make me even more sick that it is someone that I knew here.

Wow, that's insane - in this kind of scenario, the percentages that the wife was banging someone else are pretty high.

There are so many of us now that the law of averages will start to affect some of us either good or bad. Wow, I cannot imagine the feelings of both family members. This is beyond tragic since it was self inflicted.

It is a terrible tragedy when this happens on any level and it make me even more sick that it is someone that I knew here.

Wow, that's insane - in this kind of scenario, the percentages that the wife was banging someone else are pretty high.

Yeah, it's a bad sickness.

It's looks like he got real upset and shot her, then he was like

oh my god what did I just do, and the ramifications and consequences sunk in

of him either being in jail for life or killing himself...

I just wish he could've walked away before his emotions got the best of him.

Almost like Hogarth Hughes in the Iron Giant stated: "It's bad to kill. Guns kill. And you don't have to be a gun. You are what you choose to be. You choose. Choose."

Unfortunately he made the worst horrific choices he could have for a permanent solution

to a temporary problem.

I just wish he could've walked away before his emotions got the best of him.

Almost like Hogarth Hughes in the Iron Giant stated: "It's bad to kill. Guns kill. And you don't have to be a gun. You are what you choose to be. You choose. Choose."

You always see the pro gun folks talking about how they feel comforted knowing they have easy and fast access to their "protection". I wonder if he didn't have a gun, would it have afforded him the time to walk away? Who knows? meh, bottom line is it's a damn shame.

It just shows you how whacked out life is...

I'm sorry, but it just shows how whacked out some people are.

You always see the pro gun folks talking about how they feel comforted knowing they have easy and fast access to their "protection". I wonder if he didn't have a gun, would it have afforded him the time to walk away?

Nope, and grabbing a butcher knife from the cupboard is a lot easier than finding, loading and firing a gun. Knives are used in far more scenarios like this than guns.

May Jason's wife RIP :cry:

May Jason RIH

Why you stickin up for the person who trampled her wedding vows underfoot ? There is NO excuse for adultery !! :sumo:

Found out after posting that his wife was an adulterer. Would I have posted the same thing had I had the knowledge before hand? Probably not. But I am not going to cover up what I said after the fact.

Its cool. I know what you are saying about BIH. I hate to hear news of some crazy person killing innocent family members because they are troubled. Sounds like this woman however was contributing to his craziness. We just don't know enough of the facts or backstory.

Don't they have a law in France called "Crimes of Passion" or something, where if your wife or gf are caught cheating on you (or vice versa) you can kill them and not be punished ?

First we have a rapist on the boards... now this... I shudder to think what's next.

... and a child molester :censored:

alright, alright, alright...

Who are these scum bags for god sakes???

Or have I been force to forget them???

:tonofbricks:

May Jason RIH

Why you stickin up for the person who trampled her wedding vows underfoot ? There is NO excuse for adultery !! :sumo:

Found out after posting that his wife was an adulterer. Would I have posted the same thing had I had the knowledge before hand? Probably not. But I am not going to cover up what I said after the fact.

Its cool. I know what you are saying about BIH. I hate to hear news of some crazy person killing innocent family members because they are troubled. Sounds like this woman however was contributing to his craziness. We just don't know enough of the facts or backstory.

Don't they have a law in France called "Crimes of Passion" or something, where if your wife or gf are caught cheating on you (or vice versa) you can kill them and not be punished ?

Under the Crime Passionel doctrine, you do get punished but less severely than in other cases as it is understood that such passionate love leads oneself to lose self-control, i.e., the adultery is considered attenuating circumstances in such cases. Nevertheless, the crime is punishable and is in fact subject to a sentence however reduced it is.

Under the Crime Passionel doctrine, you do get punished but less severely than in other cases as it is understood that such passionate love leads oneself to lose self-control, i.e., the adultery is considered attenuating circumstances in such cases. Nevertheless, the crime is punishable and is in fact subject to a sentence however reduced it is.

To a certain extent the US has the same thing. There are degrees of homicide which focus on the premeditation and the heat of the moment.

May Jason RIH

Thx Scrooge. I knew it was something like that. You know, theres a reason "You shall NOT commit adultery" is one of the big 10. Alot of people just don't understand how damaging it can be