• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League of Ext.Gentlemen CGC 9.4 Recalled

7 posts in this topic

I have a friend who's selling this book and I offered to put it on here. He's not a board member, but a very active Ebay seller.....

According to Wikipedia, here's a little background information on the book :

[font:Arial Black] Issue #5 of Volume One contained an authentic vintage advertisement for a Marvel-brand person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Marvel Comics is DC Comic's chief rival within the comics industry and Moore had a public dispute with Marvel, his former employer. This ad caused DC executive Paul Levitz to order the entire print run destroyed and reprinted with the offending advertisement edited. None was ever distributed in the US; however, a small batch had been shipped to the UK and escaped the destruction. With only 100 thought to exist this makes it more than 10–20 times rarer than the Elseworlds 80-page Giant that Paul Levitz also recalled, hence is probably the rarest modern comic book in existence.

In Top 10, Moore creates a "Miracle person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed Recall" headline on a newspaper, which is not only a reference to the furor, but is also a reference to when Marvel Comics had previously forced Marvelman, which was written by Alan Moore, to change its name to Miracleman. [/font]

He's looking to get $350.00 for it, being the last GPA sale was $250 back in 2005.

If anyone is really interested, I will forward his information to the prospective buyer and they can go from there.

ForMichaelpart2007.jpg