• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #3 9.2 slight Restoration - SOLD!!!

33 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am looking to sell my copy of X-men # 3 which was the jewel of my collection after I bought it at a convention a number of years ago....but it came back as restored from CGC as there is a small amount of glue on the spine and now it is hard for me to look at it the same way....I am hoping it will find a new home.

Payment will be by paypal and postage is included in the price.

X-Men #3: $850 NOW $800 SOLD!!!!

Thanks and feel free to ask me any questions.

x-men_3_9-2.jpg

xmen_3_front-1.jpg

I don't collect X-Men, but I have to say that's a gorgeous book. It's sad that a tiny spot of glue stigmatizes such a beautiful book to make you want to sell it. Have you considered whether it would be possible to have the spot of glue removed for a blue?

I don't collect X-Men, but I have to say that's a gorgeous book. It's sad that a tiny spot of glue stigmatizes such a beautiful book to make you want to sell it. Have you considered whether it would be possible to have the spot of glue removed for a blue?

Thanks for the reply.

I have seesawed back and forth on what to do with this book for almost 2 years now. The frustration, anger (at the scammer who sold it to me) and then sadness when receiving this back from CGC has still not worn off. This was my favorite book in my collection and I still haven't recovered from the shock.

Neither I, nor anyone else who has seen the book can tell where the glue is. CGC doesn't mention where exactly the glue is either except that it is on the spine. If I was more of a gambler, I would crack the case and send it to someone to check if it can be removed...but I am pretty conservative when it comes to risk taking.

I am really hoping that someone can give this a new home and appreciate it as much as I did before I got it back from CGC. It would also help me to heal mentally by not having to look at this book ever again

Thanks for the reply.

I have seesawed back and forth on what to do with this book for almost 2 years now. The frustration, anger (at the scammer who sold it to me) and then sadness when receiving this back from CGC has still not worn off. This was my favorite book in my collection and I still haven't recovered from the shock.

Neither I, nor anyone else who has seen the book can tell where the glue is. CGC doesn't mention where exactly the glue is either except that it is on the spine. If I was more of a gambler, I would crack the case and send it to someone to check if it can be removed...but I am pretty conservative when it comes to risk taking.

I am really hoping that someone can give this a new home and appreciate it as much as I did before I got it back from CGC. It would also help me to heal mentally by not having to look at this book ever again

C'mon...someone take this guy out of his misery! :makepoint::devil:

WTTB! :hi:

Thanks for the reply.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It's like having a girl cheat on you

and now you want to move on and forget about her. This has happened to me a few times with books (an AF15 no less) and I have always decided to sell the book.

I've tried hanging on to them in the slab but it just doesn't work. I wish you luck.

Hello and welcome. Have you contacted any restoration expert to see if they have interest in checking it out? I know that Classics Inc does that kind of removal, and often they can decide if it will work before breaking into the slab. The CGC notes are their best information, often that will tell them whether the restoration is reversible.

If that book is that important to you, consider sending it to be expertly checked. If they do break it open and cannot remove the glue, sending it back to CGC to re-slab shouldn't be too expensive overall. It's a beautiful book, try to make it right. Regards,

Hello and welcome. Have you contacted any restoration expert to see if they have interest in checking it out? I know that Classics Inc does that kind of removal, and often they can decide if it will work before breaking into the slab. The CGC notes are their best information, often that will tell them whether the restoration is reversible.

If that book is that important to you, consider sending it to be expertly checked. If they do break it open and cannot remove the glue, sending it back to CGC to re-slab shouldn't be too expensive overall. It's a beautiful book, try to make it right. Regards,

While I concur it may work out to have the book unrestored, there is probably a reason for the spot of glue = it may be holding down a chip or worse yet the staple

to the cover(ala the BLB ALL Star example). It's possible you are spending more good money in vain thus making the emotional aspects of owning this book worse.

I agree with the owner, just sell it to someone that may appreciate it as is. Again, I wish you luck.

Issues and options have been discussed here...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4074048#Post4074048

t

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, as was linked by trmoore54 (thanks for the help there trmoore54... and the plea), I had asked and received some info already on this. It was actually a post in that thread that made me seesaw back into trying to sell this again. That and the need for some $ right now so i can bid on a particular book in the ComicLink auction.

I called CGC to find more info about this, but the grading notes did not tell where exactly the glue is. The person I spoke to said it may be inside the book on the spine which is why it cannot be seen in the slab.

I am still learning how to create a nice scan of a slab, so please forgive the scans that I posted in this thread as they may not be the best. I can always send others to anyone who is interested.

Thanks again to all for any interest and help!

Hi All

I have reduced this to $800 and put up a better scan of the full book (I am still in the learning process of making scans). I might have a booth at the VCC as I have a few more slabs I am looking to sell in order to get some much needed cash for more books to buy, (why, oh why did I have to pick such an expensive hobby :) )....so if this doesn't sell here it may wind up there.

I should also let you know that I have over 500 feedbacks on ebay with 100% rating and I have references.

Also, if someone can explain to me how to edit a thread title, it would be much appreciated!!

Anyway, thanks for looking...again :)

You can edit your thread title, it should be part of the same edit page for any post here. Go to the first post and edit that, you should find the title somewhere on that page. Regards,

Thanks Peter Loves Gwen...why didn't I see that in the first place! (boy what a newbie I am :) )

(at the scammer who sold it to me)

My we inquire who that entitiy is, and have you tried to contact them for a resolution?

I bought this at a convention around 15 years ago and I have no idea now who I bought it from. I guess those days before CGC were like the wild wild west :)

My we inquire who that entitiy is, and have you tried to contact them for a resolution?

I bought this at a convention around 15 years ago and I have no idea now who I bought it from. I guess those days before CGC were like the wild wild west :)

I doubt it was a scam. If you had it for 15 years and never noticed it and now that you know about it still cant even find it, odds are the seller didnt know either. 2c

I doubt it was a scam. If you had it for 15 years and never noticed it and now that you know about it still cant even find it, odds are the seller didnt know either. 2c

Shill.