• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Comicon - Sunday August 1st

68 posts in this topic

Thanks to all the board members that came out!!

385 through the door...........busy all day long. Had tons of people showing up between 3:30 and 4:00..........nice to see

Saw some great new collections yesterday..............some awesome GA

Picked up a Catman #22 and a Bats #222......must be something about the number 2 lol

Wish I could have looked in the room more, but just too busy running the show

Had a X-Men #1 walk in the show.........Earl Shaw bought it

Hope to get some pictures posted this week

See everybody again on December 19th

Well.......we wish they all paid...................let a lot in free(probably 150 or so), plus area shops and Facebook fans (800+ :o ) only paid $2

Think if the economy had not tanked the last few years, we would have already hit 500...............maybe soon :wishluck:

FINALLY! My first show in over two years and it was a huge success for me. If you're close by it's definitely worth going to. I drove six hours to get there! Took the family with me and it worked out well, thanks to Comics n ERB's family for keeping them occupied so we could look at the funny books.

Lucky me on Sunday only had to help unload the van and set up the boxes for the show, then it was all roaming around and catching up with old friends. My mission was to go through dollar boxes to pick up the books that I bought as a kid and that turned up to be one long box and half of a short box.

The room was packed from the get go and stayed that way for most of the show. The room is a large one and you still had to wait and walk side ways to get down the isles!

The boardies at the show that I know of were Capt Comics, Comics n ERB, and met Jacks2start(sp?) for the first time.

So I got some stuff and took some pics so here ya go!

Rick, me and Dave

charlotte10.jpg

Earl

charlotte9.jpg

Earl's friend

charlotte8.jpg

Shelton

charlotte7.jpg

Steve Smith

charlotte5.jpg

David B, me and David S

charlotte4.jpg

Storm Trooper

charlotte3.jpg

My little girl Graysen (her first convention) with functioning female R2D2 that was pretty cool

charlotte2.jpg

Graysen and Storm Trooper

charlotte1.jpg

Later on tonight I'm going to be posting my haul for the show. Just some great books at the show, if only my wallet was bigger!

FINALLY! My first show in over two years and it was a huge success for me. If you're close by it's definitely worth going to. I drove six hours to get there! Took the family with me and it worked out well, thanks to Comics n ERB's family for keeping them occupied so we could look at the funny books.

Lucky me on Sunday only had to help unload the van and set up the boxes for the show, then it was all roaming around and catching up with old friends. My mission was to go through dollar boxes to pick up the books that I bought as a kid and that turned up to be one long box and half of a short box.

The room was packed from the get go and stayed that way for most of the show. The room is a large one and you still had to wait and walk side ways to get down the isles!

The boardies at the show that I know of were Capt Comics, Comics n ERB, and met Jacks2start(sp?) for the first time.

So I got some stuff and took some pics so here ya go!

Rick, me and Dave

charlotte10.jpg

Earl

charlotte9.jpg

Earl's friend

charlotte8.jpg

Shelton

charlotte7.jpg

Steve Smith

charlotte5.jpg

David B, me and David S

charlotte4.jpg

Storm Trooper

charlotte3.jpg

My little girl Graysen (her first convention) with functioning female R2D2 that was pretty cool

charlotte2.jpg

Graysen and Storm Trooper

charlotte1.jpg

Later on tonight I'm going to be posting my haul for the show. Just some great books at the show, if only my wallet was bigger!

It was good meeting you, its one of the best one day shows going. :headbang: