• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TODD MCFARLANE AND STAN LEE SIGN WITH DWC IN SAN DIEGO.(UPDATE)

111 posts in this topic

This one took a while. But it was worth the wait!! I was hoping for a higher grade since it is a modern, but the grade is deserved. Seven signatures in all including Bendis, and Chris Evans (Captain America) and Hugo Weaving (the Red Skull) in the upcoming CA movie!! :acclaim:

Avengers1VCGC94SSFC.jpg

Thanks Sharon and Chandler!!! :whee:

:takeit:

This one took a while. But it was worth the wait!! I was hoping for a higher grade since it is a modern, but the grade is deserved. Seven signatures in all including Bendis, and Chris Evans (Captain America) and Hugo Weaving (the Red Skull) in the upcoming CA movie!! :acclaim:

Avengers1VCGC94SSFC.jpg

:applause:

Avengers1VCGC94SSFC.jpg

please pm me and let me know how to sweet talk sharon and chandler and make something like this happen. seems spending a few grand with them isnt enough, :lol:

congrats on an awesome ss book. that is a great work of art.

That book actually kind of happened by accident. I was working for chandler and sharon. One of my friends pulled a evans and weaving winning ticket. He gave it to me. I saw one of the other Desert wind employees in the bendis line with that book on the top of the stack. I grabbed it and got it signed by evans and weaving and handed it back to get bendis. No favortism was considered.

I knew the story behind the Evans and Weaving sigs, but refrained from saying anything. In essence it was an accident - one of the very few good accidents that has ever happened to me in my life. I almost withheld posting the book, so Chandler or Sharon wouldn't have to deal with folks asking how I ended up with those sigs. But I'm so proud of it I had to show it off. The reality is that quite simply Desertwind could have held the book themselves and had another Avengers Modern signed for me and I wouldn't have known the difference ... but they didn't. Ultimately their actions speak volumes - they are a CLASS ACT beyond all doubt. It's nice - almost an honor - to send books their way.

Thanks everyone for the kudos. I love this book! But I have to give all the credit to Chandler and Sharon - and perhaps a little good SDCC karma - and thecollector and his friend. :) I owe them steak or vegan dinners whichever they prefer. Or can I say that? :cool: