• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Most of the Collection... For Real!!! (DISCOUNTED)

122 posts in this topic

FREEBIE to the next person to spend $50+

Coverless AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16

th_ASM_16_FC.jpg

PSST, there's an apparent ASM 16 CGC 9.4 for sale somewhere, it needs a staple. The CGC label states it was cleaned, how do you clean a staple? They want too much for it though, asking more than GPA.

Good luck with the sale. Night,

My guess is prices. Even if you gave 50% off you'd have plenty left over. Mid to low grade Silver Age non keys are pretty slow. These two are a case in point. I'd look to sell these at $8 and $4

This is only if you are trying to clear them out. If you want current fair value then a higher price it is.

SUPERBOY #60 GD ($20.00)

SUPERBOY #115 VG- ($11.00)

My guess is prices. Even if you gave 50% off you'd have plenty left over. Mid to low grade Silver Age non keys are pretty slow. These two are a case in point. I'd look to sell these at $8 and $4

This is only if you are trying to clear them out. If you want current fair value then a higher price it is.

SUPERBOY #60 GD ($20.00)

+1 :whistle:

Normally I would not comment, but you did ask publicly a couple of times (between VCC and above). I have been buying a good bit of the types of books you are offering lately. However, I have to echo Ed's comment above...the prices are simply too high for mid to low grade raw copies. There are plenty of books that I would otherwise have been interested in at VCC (I have since spent my cash though :sorry: ) However, the price was not competitive with what others were offering...another example

UNCANNY X-MEN #25 VG ($25.00)

an 8.0 CGC just sold for $50 in another thread...for a VG I honestly wouldn't pay much more than $10 to 15...I know that is well below value, but there are just too many options out there too pay that high a price. I also saw that discounts are in place, but you have to buy more than ten items to get a 10% knock on price, felt a little steep to me when purusing the thread...Just my two cents for what it is worth...

Also, echoing the comment above, if you are in no hurry to sell books like these will likely slowly sell off for you near the prices you have listed, you will likely just have to play the waiting game to do so. I guess ultimately it is just a question of how you want to move them and the time frame you have...if it is quickly you might just want to keep in mind that a number of other threads are undercutting your prices and I think that accounts for some of the difficulties.

Hope this helps and best of luck with the thread.

SUPERBOY #60 GD ($20.00)

+1 :whistle:

It's funny that you say that. I have to go dig up an OLD THREAD when I said the same sort of thing about the back issue market for common/low grade SILVER and BRONZE books and I got grief from folks who said it ain't so. Either times have changed in 2 years or folks just like stirring the pot. Let me see if I can find it!

Keep in mind the selling venue. Your prices are probably typical of a store or a show from a reputable dealer. But there are tons of costs (monetary and otherwise) selling like that. Online is a different animal both in terms of low priced competitors and types of customers. Point is, the market for mid grade 1960s Spidey and X-men may actually be pretty decent at the Balticon, but I just can't imagine it being the case on ebay or here or elsewhere online. So both sides of the argument can be correct. Also, folks like stirring the pot.

yeah since you asked, i will chime in too. I wanted to say something before, but it's rude.

Your prices are waaay too high. Especially with you saying that you want to move stuff. Your prices are higher than my store prices and i'm not trying to sell out by any means. Not trying to be rude, but if you are trying to blow stuff out you need an 80% markdown to compete with board prices. PM sent as well.

yeah since you asked, i will chime in too. I wanted to say something before, but it's rude.

Your prices are waaay too high. Especially with you saying that you want to move stuff. Your prices are higher than my store prices and i'm not trying to sell out by any means. Not trying to be rude, but if you are trying to blow stuff out you need an 80% markdown to compete with board prices. PM sent as well.

And thus was put the final nail into the coffin of the OSPG's usefulness... :sorry:

I'm glad I didn't plan on buying this year's.

Your grading seems good for the boards (not the tightest but good from what I see). You may want to not require people to buy a huge number of issues to get a decent discount. 15% is a start but I would discount your prices by a third across the board and then offer a discount for multiple buys. You should sell a sizable batch with that approach. Good luck!