• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City bought the Tatge collection of TMNT just in time for SDCC

47 posts in this topic

I went to the local comic show in Livonia and was happy to see that Brian Tatge is employed with Motor City Comics again. Brian's a great guy, and until very recently, had a very impressive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle collection. Unfortunately, Brian decided to break up his collection. Mike Goldman of Motor City Comics was the lucky buyer and will be bringing a lot of it to San Diego Comic Con. I thought I'd celebrate his great collection, one last time, before the avid collectors at San Diego gobble up all the Gobbledygook. ;)

Silver Edition # 68 / 100. The book received a 4.5 because of a spine split issue, probably around two inches long, in the middle of the spine. It's still very presentable in the slab. It looks like a 9.4 at first glance.

100914.jpg.dc1e57f96a44e4e4838b79fb764732a1.jpg

Here's Brian with an Eastman file copy of # 1!!! I don't know how it received a 9.4. It definitely has an easy shot at a 9.6 with a little help from the press crowd. It could even go 9.8 for you gamblers. I have 15,000 reasons I'd like to own this but, well you get my drift. One of a kind... actually there might be two? I think Mike Goldman has the other in his permanent collection.

100915.jpg.6204b168407127c039b39d1f0b9cd400.jpg

100916.jpg.75b6908f2227c7850b8352cbc9e4951b.jpg

Very nice.

I bought a "NM" Turtles #3 variant in 2002-2203 off eBay from some BSD in New England...forget who it was, but a friend of mine knows...

It came, all mangled on the spine. F/VF at best.

I returned it.

One of the better mistakes of my collecting career.

Sigh.

Here's Brian with an Eastman file copy of # 1!!! I don't know how it received a 9.4. It definitely has an easy shot at a 9.6 with a little help from the press crowd. It could even go 9.8 for you gamblers. I have 15,000 reasons I'd like to own this but, well you get my drift. One of a kind... actually there might be two? I think Mike Goldman has the other in his permanent collection.

Great looking book but not a candidate for crack, resub unless the buyer doesn't mind losing the gold SS label and having a green qualified label in its place.