• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color Comics - Bought 3 Books, all three arrived damaged!

49 posts in this topic

Just an FYI to the community,

I purchased three CGC books from an online retailer called FourColorComics. When the books came in the mail, all three of them had been cracked and damaged on the top side as if the package had been dropped in transit. When you shook the box, you could hear plastic shards sliding around. We're talking a serious shattered top corner on all three books. The books themselves seem to be okay.

Now, obviously the Post Office mishandled my package, but I question the packaging from the retailer. The books were placed in a box just big enough for the CGC holder with pieces of cardboard between them and NO bubble wrap or padding around them whatsoever. There was nothing in the box to absorb the shock of the package being dropped.

Fourcolorcomics does not offer returns on CGC graded books and they didn't insure my package, because it didn't meet a certain price requirement.

So, basically I need to spend about $60 sending them in to CGC to get reholdered. I called Fourcolor, and they said they would give me a $25 credit on my next purchase. I kind of doubt there will be a "next purchase."

This transaction just sucked for me, and I thought I'd let everyone know.

I dont have any affiliation with four color,but should'nt this be a claim against the delivery service.I just don't understand every time someone has a bad experience with the mail,they bring it up here to "in a sense" out that said dealer as a bad this or that.Sorry for the little rantrant

I for one am glad when someone says something about a retailer or eBay seller who thinks that a slab can be shipped safely in a freaking box with no bubble wrap or peanuts.

If they'll do it to someone once, chances are they'll do it again, and quite honestly, it makes me wonder about more than just their shipping policy

Take what I have written and do what you want with it.

If you plan to order from this retailer, be sure to get your package insured or ask that the box be padded.

And, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten raw books from ebay sellers in nothing more than a flimsy envelope with bendy cardboard.

I dont have any affiliation with four color,but should'nt this be a claim against the delivery service.

I'm not sure about all shippers, but at least the USPS will not honor a claim for damage (even if insured) if the contents of the package aren't properly packed/padded.

I'm basically f**ked here, and out another $60 for CGC re-slabbing/shipping. (I wish they had a cheaper shipping option--$34 is crazy, but hey, they won't crack in transit again)

Just a lesson to everyone that this can happen and beware.

Here. I'll save the interminable back and forth wildly_fanciful_statement posts, and save us all the hour of blahblahblah this will bring.

GET THE ANGRY MOB READY TO STORM THE STORE!

angry-mob-1.gif

It really is tedious, after a while.

I must say I was somewhat surprised at the packaging. My books have been OK but it seemed more luck with the way they were shipped. Still Rob has been flexible on price and I have picked up some nice books from him.

I think there is no excuse for smashed books even though that has happened to a book that I shipped :sorry:.

Here. I'll save the interminable back and forth wildly_fanciful_statement posts, and save us all the hour of blahblahblah this will bring.

angry-mob-1.gif

Gee Dan, you've just spoiled the rest of my afternoon.

angry-mob-1.gif

Gee Dan, you've just spoiled the rest of my afternoon.

:roflmao: It really does get tiresome.