• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss the helmets...THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA in 3-D.

59 posts in this topic

You do realize what that direct to video FF movie was right? The studios have to make movies every so often to keep the rights. That movie was not meant as a "real" FF movie. I think the current deal with Sony is every 4 years or they lose the rights.

I don't believe this is correct. Please show me some evidence?

I've heard the same thing Bruce has, the Wikipedia entry on it makes the same claim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fantastic_Four_(film)

I think that Wiki article is not accurate. The trailers were shown at Cons, and a gala premier was planned for this film. Roger Corman has often stated he fimed the movie with the intent of it being circulated, as have the actors..

I think that Wiki article is not accurate. The trailers were shown at Cons, and a gala premier was planned for this film. Roger Corman has often stated he fimed the movie with the intent of it being circulated, as have the actors..

Hard to say. It certainly could be a conspiracy theory, but if it was all a ruse to keep the rights, then all that pomp and circumstance would have been necessary to prevent Marvel from selling the rights to someone else.

This thread is the most hilarious example of comic people's over-reaction to a minor preview. :roflmao:

All it takes is one picture of Thor without a helmet for the predictions of doom to come rolling out. For one thing, that may have been a brief moment of the film that he wasn't helmetted in. For another thing, it may have been tried and just looked completely ridiculous on film.

Don't get me wrong, the film may be utterly awful but I won't be basing my rating of the film on whether Thor is wearing a ing helmet or not ...... and yes I am a long time Thor fan. I'd just rather Thor looks believable without a helmet than stupid with a helmet.

Nothing about this photo bothers me at all. All I care about is that the -script, acting & CGI are good. It will be like every other movie I see, great, good, or bad.

I, for one, am hoping it's great, but will wait and cast judgement until I actually see the movie.

There is a Kirby-esque style to the armor.

I can't make a judgement based on one still from the movie whether it will be good or not. The thing that struck me was how "bright" the building is. I always pictured Asgard to be a bit more medieval. But, maybe it will be more like Kirby drew it?

I'm really intrigued by this movie. I'm hoping they do a JIM/Thor Omnibus to coincide with it. I'd like to get that one.

Nothing about this photo bothers me at all. All I care about is that the -script, acting & CGI are good. It will be like every other movie I see, great, good, or bad.

I, for one, am hoping it's great, but will wait and cast judgement until I actually see the movie.

Exactly...

doh! One picture and the movie is already a flop? Whatever...

Another one I won't be seeing. Hate the look. Hollywood, blah.

Sorry I just don't understand the mindset? If your a Thor fan how could you not want to see this movie! Have you seen a bad performance by Anthony Hopkins before, probably not. I'm sure we will see the helmet but until this gets much closer to hitting the theatres they are just going to trickle out the pics and teasers a tiny bit at a time. The 3D annoucement is good news, can't wait.

If you're a FF fan, do you want to see that direct to video POS movie of several years ago? :sick:

You do realize what that direct to video FF movie was right? The studios have to make movies every so often to keep the rights. That movie was not meant as a "real" FF movie. I think the current deal with Sony is every 4 years or they lose the rights.

I realize that, but it's still a movie that is available for fans to actually watch and it's awful. According to Silver Surfer (quoted above) true fans would still want to see that drek. As a fan, I'd rather pass on a truly awful film than waste time watching it.

I think it's safe to say that all of us, as comic fans, are hoping that it's great.

I believe they're going for the Ultimate Thor look since he doesn't wear a helmet in the Ultimate universe.

I've stated that too in other threads, looks like a cross between the Ultimates Version and the mainstream modern version by including the cape and classic hammer.

I for one am glad they didn't go with the wing helmet. :sumo:

Exactly...

doh! One picture and the movie is already a flop? Whatever...

Finally people who can actually see past one picture are actually chiming in.

I believe they're going for the Ultimate Thor look since he doesn't wear a helmet in the Ultimate universe.

I've stated that too in other threads, looks like a cross between the Ultimates Version and the mainstream modern version by including the cape and classic hammer.

I for one am glad they didn't go with the wing helmet. :sumo:

...but that's like Medusa going Sinead O'Connor because it happened in one series. IMHO.