• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Float Frames

21 posts in this topic

Guys,

Not sure how late I am to this conversation, but I have spent a lot of time and effort working out the best way to display my comics safely and at the same time making them look their best.

Glass is too heavy and believe it or not doesn't let as much light through as acrylic.

it also shatters if it falls, which increases the chances of your comic being damaged. Acrylic is shatter resistant and has some UV properties.

Normal picture framers can only offer a beveled edge on the mount, not a square one you will need to keep the comics edges nice and square, but also stop it from falling down between the sheets of glass you're thinking of using (been there done that).

And all this worry of fading is, on the whole completely unfounded. you would have to have the comic in the window for years for it to fade. In a room away from the window it will be perfectly fine. I had my Batman #608 variant cover in my frame for over a year and you couldn't tell the difference between that one and one I had bagged and boarded.

I hope this helps guys. :grin:

Only about 4 years, but thanks for the info! :)