• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Page

61 posts in this topic

Even with the last panel being like the cover, $12K for the Thor 141 page 10 seems a very keen price for a Kirby Thor interior with Colletta inks.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7023&Lot_No=93155

I have to agree entirely, i have seen lots of better pages (IMO) go for far less, could this just be a case of two motivated buyers?

Talking about motivated buyers, doesn't Fishler have 2 or 3 pages of the JIM #83 story, could he possibly be trying to put this back together again and have been either the buyer or the underbidder ?

I always thought this was one of the pages that he already owned, but I know he is on these boards, so he can answer this question himself he he wishes to do so. I have a very fuzzy memory that this JIM 83 page was advertised in the back of the CBG waay back

My memory says pages 10, 11, 13 on the JIM #83,

Just checked his CAF and those are on there.

I have never owned the page that was auctioned off. I have 3 pages but this is not one of them.

Yeah, but Steve do you own it now? hm:grin:

Even with the last panel being like the cover, $12K for the Thor 141 page 10 seems a very keen price for a Kirby Thor interior with Colletta inks.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7023&Lot_No=93155

I have to agree entirely, i have seen lots of better pages (IMO) go for far less, could this just be a case of two motivated buyers?

Talking about motivated buyers, doesn't Fishler have 2 or 3 pages of the JIM #83 story, could he possibly be trying to put this back together again and have been either the buyer or the underbidder ?

I always thought this was one of the pages that he already owned, but I know he is on these boards, so he can answer this question himself he he wishes to do so. I have a very fuzzy memory that this JIM 83 page was advertised in the back of the CBG waay back

My memory says pages 10, 11, 13 on the JIM #83,

Just checked his CAF and those are on there.

I have never owned the page that was auctioned off. I have 3 pages but this is not one of them.

Yeah, but Steve do you own it now? hm:grin:

Did not buy it. Was not the underbidder.

I hear you - we've all been there when it comes to pricing. can't buy it all no matter how deep or shallow one's pockets are

.. I'm going to have to check out your other pages now on your caf :)

too bad - great page!

Very nice page. Would have been a buyer at 45k. 65k is just too much for me.

That's a shame, as it would have been amazing to see this historic story put back together and displayed somehow.

I guess the Amazing Fantasy #15 art is the only classic Marvel origin story that we will ever see displayed as a whole...

I guess the Amazing Fantasy #15 art is the only classic Marvel origin story that we will ever see displayed as a whole...

X-Men #1 (shrug)

Wasn't all of the TOS 39 interior OA together? I seem to recall hearing many years ago that Graham Nash owned it at the time.

X-Men #1 (shrug)

X-Men #1 has been broken up. :gossip:

But it was together and could be seen together, until it got broken up.

X-Men #1 (shrug)

Wasn't all of the TOS 39 interior OA together? I seem to recall hearing many years ago that Graham Nash owned it at the time.

I think the TOS 39 story (well the Iron man story) is still complete. The owner tried to sell it on ebay. And also TTA 27 which was featured in HA a long while back. Hulk 1 and FF 1 still unaccounted for, which probably means that they exists too. STs 110 anyone anyone?

FF1, if the full issue exists, isn't complete anymore anyway.

the rumor is a major Hollywood director owns 2 pages he got from a source on high

I hope you don't mean Tim Burton, because I always understood that that was comicart-l in house joke :makepoint:

FF1, if the full issue exists, isn't complete anymore anyway.

the rumor is a major Hollywood director owns 2 pages he got from a source on high

I hope you don't mean Tim Burton, because I always understood that that was comicart-l in house joke :makepoint:

the story on those 2 pages is PRIOR to Comicart-L's existence