• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Mistakes

143 posts in this topic

Part of the confusion may be that the thesis "The Bronze Age started the night Gwen Stacy died" was Arnold Blumberg's in an article he wrote a few years ago in Overstreet.

Yes, and Arnold came on here and proclaimed (quite loudly) at that OS' stance was that the BA started in 1973, starting off another big war between us, which you guys should remember.

Don't forget, at one point in time Arnold effectively ran OS and had virtual control before joining the museum. So what he said was the "OS official position" was the official position.

hm

so between this rant and the rant in Bronze, did JC get anything right? (shrug)

:makepoint:

Part of the confusion may be that the thesis "The Bronze Age started the night Gwen Stacy died" was Arnold Blumberg's in an article he wrote a few years ago in Overstreet.

Yes, and Arnold came on here and proclaimed (quite loudly) at that OS' stance was that the BA started in 1973, starting off another big war between us, which you guys should remember.

Don't forget, at one point in time Arnold effectively ran OS and had virtual control before joining the museum. So what he said was the "OS official position" was the official position.

Actually, Arnold came on here and agreed with you that ASM 121 was too late to start the Bronze Age.

And here's the thread where it was discussed - OS 34 added "Copper" to the "Ages". Bronze 1970-1984, which it has been (officially) in the Overstreet Guide since 2004.

I've been searching for where this actually came from, and it appears that it came up, sui generis from JC. I honestly cannot find any reference to this, with the search parameters of ( +overstreet +"bronze age" +start +121) coming from anybody else than JC. There's no reference to it from any other person - especially from OS or Arnold, who agrees WITH JC that ASM 121 is too late - outside of JC on it.

I could be wrong, but seriously, I have spent 45 minutes of my miserable life looking on this board and some others and cannot find any reference ANYWHERE to Amazing Spider-Man 121 being the beginning point of the Bronze Age.

Actually, Arnold came on here and agreed with you that ASM 121 was too late to start the Bronze Age.

And here's the thread where it was discussed - OS 34 added "Copper" to the "Ages". Bronze 1970-1984, which it has been (officially) in the Overstreet Guide since 2004.

I've been searching for where this actually came from, and it appears that it came up, sui generis from JC. I honestly cannot find any reference to this, with the search parameters of ( +overstreet +"bronze age" +start +121) coming from anybody else than JC. There's no reference to it from any other person - especially from OS or Arnold, who agrees WITH JC that ASM 121 is too late - outside of JC on it.

I could be wrong, but seriously, I have spent 45 minutes of my miserable life looking on this board and some others and cannot find any reference ANYWHERE to Amazing Spider-Man 121 being the beginning point of the Bronze Age.

You listened to JC :ohnoez:

doh!

Don't worry - I'm sure JC will be back to explain that he was loitering outside the mens room at Gemstone Publishing, and overheard a couple of Overstreet employees stating emphatically that ASM #121 is the beginning of the Bronze Age. He, of course, then took this to be the official position of the OSPG - and who could blame him?

Don't worry - I'm sure JC will be back to explain that he was loitering outside the mens room at Gemstone Publishing, and overheard a couple of Overstreet employees stating emphatically that ASM #121 is the beginning of the Bronze Age. He, of course, then took this to be the official position of the OSPG - and who could blame him?

Nah, he'll blame the VCC elite (thumbs u

I thought it was the South Florida Posse? hm

I thought it was the South Florida Posse? hm

Nope, its because he's in Canada, otherwise he'd contribute to all the different fund raisers that have happened here over the years (shrug)

Here's the article in the OPG #33 about the Ages. It mentions ASM #121 as possibly the catalyst for the Bronze Age.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002.jpg

OK, so it is at least somewhat based upon something. Damnable Arnold!

That being said, Overstreet has never moved the Bronze Age from 1970.

JC;

Now we know the source of the confusion.......it's that Dr. Arnold who thinks that PHD puts him in charge of everything. lol

Just a point of clarification. Dr. Arnold has a "DCD" (Doctorate of Communications Design).

They are evidently a very rare degree only existing in Baltimore (at least, as far as Google is concerned). hm

Ph.D. is something else. (thumbs u

a) You create a thread stating that the OSPG says that the Bronze Age started in 1973, and that GL #76 has been added to the list of Most Valuable Silver Age books.

BASED ON (ERRONEOUS) COMMENTS POSTED IN A BA THREAD BY BRONZEJOHNNY.

My only fault was believing what that doofus said was correct.

a) You create a thread stating that the OSPG says that the Bronze Age started in 1973, and that GL #76 has been added to the list of Most Valuable Silver Age books.

BASED ON (ERRONEOUS) COMMENTS POSTED IN A BA THREAD BY BRONZEJOHNNY.

My only fault was believing what that doofus said was correct.

Still charming as ever. Just when I'd like to believe you might have changed. doh!