• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question on Paypal refunds.

36 posts in this topic

I've never experienced anything like GA says, or Divad, or Krypto and I've had a Paypal account since the very beginning of their service and I've used every imaginable way to make payments or receive money, not that I'm saying it can't happen if you guys say it happened to you, but in the some 50,000 or more transactions I've had with Paypal I've never experienced anything you fellows say you have.

Maybe I'm just setup better than you guys, or Paypal doesn't see everyone equally (wouldn't be a surprise, seeing as they're owned by fleaBay)

I've never experienced anything like GA says, or Divad, or Krypto and I've had a Paypal account since the very beginning of their service and I've used every imaginable way to make payments or receive money, not that I'm saying it can't happen if you guys say it happened to you, but in the some 50,000 or more transactions I've had with Paypal I've never experienced anything you fellows say you have.

Maybe I'm just setup better than you guys, or Paypal doesn't see everyone equally (wouldn't be a surprise, seeing as they're owned by fleaBay)

Have you made a payment using your credit card and had that payment refunded in full by the receiving party? Not Money sent back in a separate transaction, but actually refunded.

I've had Paypal since they were X.com(I think that was the first incarnation).

Have you made a payment using your credit card and had that payment refunded in full by the receiving party? Not Money sent back in a separate transaction, but actually refunded.

yes, but it's been some time since, mainly because there is always so much $$ in my PP account that there's no need for me to use my cards anymore for anything. I have made and received payments in every format possible on PP at some point.

As of this moment, I have a charge on my credit card. I have a message from PP saying the seller sent me a refund, but as of now I stillhave a charge on my CC. He's sent a request for payment, but I told him I don't want to have two seperate charges out for a set of books to a seller I know nothing about.

As of this moment, I have a charge on my credit card. I have a message from PP saying the seller sent me a refund, but as of now I stillhave a charge on my CC. He's sent a request for payment, but I told him I don't want to have two seperate charges out for a set of books to a seller I know nothing about.
You will get an email once the payment "clears" and is posted back onto your credit card. Had a refund back to my cc recently and it took around 4-5 days to "clear".

My advice is to call Paypal and ask about that refund so you are comfortable with it's status.

You will get an email once the payment "clears" and is posted back onto your credit card. Had a refund back to my cc recently and it took around 4-5 days to "clear".

So is there any chance this refund will not clear? Why hold it several days if it is an automatic that it will clear?

So is there any chance this refund will not clear? Why hold it several days if it is an automatic that it will clear?

Maybe PP likes to earn the interest for a few days just to stick it to you even more. I really don't know why it takes that long.

yes, but it's been some time since, mainly because there is always so much $$ in my PP account that there's no need for me to use my cards anymore for anything. I have made and received payments in every format possible on PP at some point.

well you just answered your own "questioning" as to why it's never happened to you.Paypal balances refund immediately.A debit/cc/bank account take time to process the original "out" payment with paypal,so the refund if done in a short time after the original trans,takes longer to "process" backwards,especially if it's not done being completed out thru the original trans...had many experiences with it,and the 4-5 days sounds about right,even tho i've had up to seven.

The Paypal page for the transaction tells you right on the Bottom when to expect the refund to post,so it's no secret when it will clear.Thats for the OP to look into his paypal trans page at the bottom,and see what "date" it shows for the clear funds.

hm

All the help about how long to wait or how to see if the pp refund is clear is great, but...

Why the heck did the seller refund your money and ask you to pay a different address?

It is just as easy to secure the money by transferring to a bank account as it is to refund to a buyer. If the guy was worried about someone hacking his pp account with the money being in there...why not just withdraw it or have pp issue him a check as opposed to giving back to you? Call me cynical, but something isn't right with this story.

Nope, you just have more money than us . . . :baiting:

:gossip: Not that there's anything wrong with that lol