• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I list my TMNT #1 and Cerebus #1 for on ComicLink??

60 posts in this topic

This really pissed me off. Josh has alot of 893censored-thumb.gif nerve telling people what they can list their books for ! - True it is his site and in one respect he is commended for thinking of doing this site before CGC was around. But it is not his job to decide what prices the books that DO NOT BELONG TO HIM should be posted at...hey, if some seller wants to lists his books for 5,000 and it's a twenty dollar book, then it won't sell. that is the facts. But to censor prices is not only wrong, it's hipocritical. - Batman 181 9.4 for 2200 is an acceptable price ?! - Hello fellow DC collectors, are any of you guys lining up to pay that ??! - I think not.

I have gotten more aggresive prices selling stuff on Josh's site than i felt i would have gotten on Ebay. So let the guy list what prices he wants, then if someone makes a bid that he feels is reasonable, then the book gets sold. and everyone is happy -

If people paid a listing fee to Josh, I would agree with you, but they don't. Josh only gets a cut if the book sells. In the meantime, he has to pay all costs related to maintaining the website, including data storage. So I would say it's definitely within his rights to kick a book off if he thinks it's not going to sell, because otherwise it is money out of his pocket.

i agree with what mike is saying,didnt greggys amaz spiderman#101 cgc 9.8 go for 5k and before it sold didnt josh say somthing like it was to priced to high? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not too high to list at that price, just too high for him to pay it. He originally tried to buy it directly from greggy without listing it, but since he wasn't willing to foot 5K, he just listed it at that instead.

it was $4500 not $5K makepoint.gifgossip.gif

Hempel-

I haven't had the time to read through all of the postings but I will say this- If you have realistic prices for the books I believe I could sell them within the week. Please email me at vincentz@metropolisent.com with scans of both books and your asking prices. I will immediately contact several want list customers. If there is interest and everything makes sense we will do a deal!

Thanks,

Vincent

PS- I will not be in on Tuesday so if you need an answer by tomorrow please call and ask for Steve at 800-229-6387.

893applaud-thumb.gif

The cerebus 1 could do 1500+ too...it's just such a shame that the sim files were just announced or that book could have gone REALLY crazy

He told me he will reinstate me ability to list CGC Graded books as

long as I check with him on prices prior to listing any new books. However, I'm still waiting for him to reinstate my ability to list books on ComicLink.

bhampel

I don't even see why you would want to bother. There are plenty of other places to do your business that probably will be less of a hassle.

Hempel-

I haven't had the time to read through all of the postings but I will say this- If you have realistic prices for the books I believe I could sell them within the week. Please email me at vincentz@metropolisent.com with scans of both books and your asking prices. I will immediately contact several want list customers. If there is interest and everything makes sense we will do a deal!

Thanks,

Vincent

PS- I will not be in on Tuesday so if you need an answer by tomorrow please call and ask for Steve at 800-229-6387.

893applaud-thumb.gif

What is the usual grade want on the Cerebus #1?

So, after the many suggestions and offers of help, what are you going to do??

Josh has reinstated my access to post books on comiclink. As such, the books are posted Here & Here

They will either be sold on ComicLink or posted on ebay next week (via Consignment).

Thanks for everyone's feedback...

bhampel

Good luck with your selling efforts (really)! If they do sell at those prices I'll have to give serious thought to selling mine which I think are in better shape. I may soon be an EX collector. confused-smiley-013.gif

you really gotta work on those scans!

Its not the scans, but the scanner. It produces awful glare when trying to scan a slabbed book. The only workaround I could come up with is to tilt the books on a slight angle. That is part of the reason why I'm leaning towards consignment on these books (to get a decent scan)...

bhampel

It'll be interesting though how many of the File Copies of #1 dip below the 9.4 mark. I have a feeling that this particular #1 will be attractive for those you won't be able to bridge the gap between the regular VG/FN copies to the File Copies.

The Cerebus #1 went pretty cheap in the end:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2232088615&category=12593&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Based on the sentiment expressed on the signing of the File Copies, perhaps the best 'non-defaced' copy available?

893whatthe.gif My raw vg/fn sold for that much! Holy krap!! The buyer got a hell of a deal. Sorry about the bad luck Brian frown.gif I'm shocked it was that low!!