• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fingh's 1st Silver raw book sale + some cheap Silver/Bronze slabs

190 posts in this topic

Is it too much trouble to mark books as sold? :makepoint:

Wanted that ASM 121. Was just about to chisel you via PM when I read your post about it being sold. :pullhair:

He was getting around to it right after he was done inventorying the toiletry supply levels at all the truck stops near his stretch of the interstate.

Priorities Man!!!! PRIORITIES!!

Interesting book. Bought from Andy October as a 9.2 a couple of years ago. It is a 9.2 structurally. But it has a severe miscut that you cannot appreciate in this picture. I have other pictures that I am trying to track down, so bear with me. Andy and I discussed this book, and I am virtually certain that CGC will not slab it, so if that is important to you, leave it alone. But I am willing to sell it at a wicked discount from OS, so if you can live with the miscut it is a bargain 9.2 $275

More pics to come.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-76.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDEtMjAxMDAyMjgtMTQ1N.jpg

take it

Foolkiller...If you upgraded this issue..keep me in mind for your under copy...if it was lower to mid grade.

Is that a rock? And... what's the lotion for? Nice tile.

The rock's origin is unknown, but it is used to hold the hallway door open when we are loading or unloading files, supplies etc.

The lotion is for supple skin.

I will get the thread updated today, if only to assuage Beyonder Chris' tender sensibilities, and get a "Still Available" page put together.

I have all the pictures of other stuff that was promised via PM so i will get those out today

Next round of raw includes: a decent Four Color 408, a Katy Keene 3-d with glasses, Tim Holt 19, Weird Science 17, FF 35, and some nice raw Neal Adams books including SA 214, and GL 78, 84 and 89.

Today is going to be dicey, so i'll do the best i can, and should be able to do well after about 3:30.

Is that a rock? And... what's the lotion for? Nice tile.

The rock's origin is unknown, but it is used to hold the hallway door open when we are loading or unloading files, supplies etc.

The lotion is for supple skin.

What kind of skin? :eek:

Four Color 408 4.5-5.0 Has what I consider to be pretty serious tanning on the covers, doesn't affect the pages as seriously. Reasonable Barks Duck book. Everyone should have one. I had one, and now it can be yours. $80

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00705-20100805-2049.jpg

Katy Keene 3-D #1 4.0 Super glossy front cover, super wrecked back cover. Has original 3d glasses, marked with Katy Keene logo. Screw Overstreet on this one. $150

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00689-20100805-1926.jpg

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00691-20100805-1928.jpg

Tim Holt 19 Consoled myself with this when i could never win any of the Ghost Rider #1s when they had that mini-warehouse find a couple of years ago. This one is 7.0-7.5 and almost all damage is NCB and it has a dirty back cover. Those are impact dings at both LCs. Last photo cover, i believe. $55

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00704-20100805-2044.jpg

Adams Green Lantern goodness:

GL/GA 78 Solid 8.0 with really nice pages SOLD

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00703-20100805-1958.jpg

GL/GA 84 8.5 but simply beautiful. This was my last book cut when I was pulling books for Neal Adams SS several years ago. Stunning page quality. This is Adams inked by Wrightson, and they make fun of Mike Kaluta in the body of the story. :cloud9:SOLD

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00702-20100805-1957.jpg

GL/GA 89 Last issue for a while. Last panel has Hal destroying a multi-million dollar jet because he is upset. Booyah! Nice 8.0 with mostly NCB wear. SOLD

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00672-20100804-2027.jpg

Free to the next person that spends a Benjamin. The good news: It is from 1973 and it is 9.6+ quality. The bad news: It is a second print. The best news: it is a fun book and a great read with Sweet Eisner art:

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00688-20100805-1917.jpg

FF 52 Has become much more of a key than it was when i bought this wrecked copy. Has a name written in the "F" and also a (different) name written above the "c." Has a pretty bad tear on the BC that looks like something heavy was dropped on it. Good eye appeal but lots wrong with it. For the lovers of books that look better than they are. 4.5-ish $65

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00716-20100805-2313.jpg

This is Adams inked by Wrightson, and they make fun of Mike Kaluta in the body of the story

Oh pleeze do tell :grin: what did they say?

A big part of the story is an invention of a mechanical device called the "Kaluta." They use it as many times as they can. It's pretty funny.