• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Comic...

52 posts in this topic

Uncle Scrooge # 9 - The Lemming with the Locket. The favorite Barks I remember from early childhood. :cloud9:

That is a classic Scrooge. I'm happy to have a copy of that. #14 ...Terrys and Fermies is also a fav of mine. .... :cloud9:

All time favorite? Who the knows. I couldn't pick just one.

However, this is my current favorite

SugarandSpike_26_8-0.jpg

Yea. ....yea....thats some good stuff Jeffro (thumbs u

Strawberry Shortcake #11 "Death Visits the Dessert Cart" featuring the demise of Cherry Jubilee at the hands of the evil Bananas Foster Gang. Truly a watershed event and widely noted as the beginning of the "Frosted Age" of comics.

Greggy did you hijack Seans account?

Avengers Annual 7

Why Ken... ?? Was that your first comic or somethin ??

I think probably because I see it as being the end point of one of my favourite story arcs - the Warlock saga, even though I'm aware that technically it continues into Marvel Two-In-One Annual 2. For me, the Avengers Annual is the more powerful and affecting of the two books. Another factor I took into consideration is that I've always held this work in the highest regard, whereas my interest in a lot of other story arcs has waxed and waned markedly over 30 years of collecting.

It was one of the first non-distributed comics that I bought as an import here in the UK, shortly after I started collecting, and so you may well be right in suggesting that there's some nostalgia in play here too. (thumbs u :)