• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comic book series disturbed you?

67 posts in this topic

Now if you want to talk disturbing... read Preacher.

Its awesomely disturbing !

+1 (The Demi Moore scene... :sick:)

Demi Moore scene?

Yeah it was at Jesus De Sade's party where he tells "Demi" he will be right there to... (remembering yet?) lol

Now if you want to talk disturbing... read Preacher.

Its awesomely disturbing !

+1 (The Demi Moore scene... :sick:)

Demi Moore scene?

Yeah it was at Jesus De Sade's party where he tells "Demi" he will be right there to... (remembering yet?) lol

Ah yes, now i remember!

Not a series, but this specific true story from Underworld #3 and included a hatchet to a toddler's head. (So disturbing, I apparently decided I needed a copy but have left it in the slab.)

Underworld3page4.jpg

Underworld3page8.jpg

I do find that disturbing

Since the WC has "What movie disturbed you" thread,I thought I start a "What comic book series disturbed you" thread.

My pick is WE3 b/c I'm not a fan of dogs,cats,and other pets being used as weapons.

While I like the story,I couldn't read it again b/c it was pretty "nasty" :eek:

Its the only book I've refuse to read again.

what's WE (shrug)

Since the WC has "What movie disturbed you" thread,I thought I start a "What comic book series disturbed you" thread.

My pick is WE3 b/c I'm not a fan of dogs,cats,and other pets being used as weapons.

what's WE (shrug)

http://www.comics.org/series/14516/covers/ - Here you go. Click on the covers for more info. It's a 3 part series written by Grant Morrison. I haven't read my copies yet but didn't realize it was disturbing. Now I really want to read it.

Walking Dead.

Though it was good the overall grimness of the book just began to leave a bad taste. I wanted to continue but found I was having to force myself to read the last few pages I did. It actually left me feeling uneasy...unquieted...and I don't like that feeling. I suppose that might be a hallmark of a well written story but....I think I would rather not experience those emotions. Might be that I had just become a new adoptive father...10 years ago I would have loved it.

Interesting how perceptions change over time.

And I haven't even read it, but the covers to Crossed freaking disturb me...no thanks!

After hearing what this series is about and what it entails, that was enough to disturb me and want to avoid it.

A lot of the EC stuff I read in the archives series, it`s brillant stuff but it can be depressing at times. Not a very uplifting read. 2c

Hauntof Fear 12 story "Poetic Justice", story by Al Feldstein and drawn by Graham Ingels. I felt so sorry for the main character and his plight that the story really bothered me the first few times I read it(I was about 12 years old).

Well, a lot of Tim Vigil's art is graphic, but I've never really felt disturbed by it.

So, nothing...I guess. (shrug)

I've read Grips and Faust,and yet I wasn't disturbed by the art hm

Faust.. not just art but story as well. :sick:

She's only read the first issue! :roflmao: She hasn't even seen the Disturbing parts! doh!

When I read Anton LaVey's letter in a Tomb of Dracula, I dumped all my copies of that title, and discontinued reading the series.

Later, I actually read the Satanic Bible. Didn't seem all that bad. I've still got my copy, and should probably read it again.

Really? What's the story on that?

Not a series, but this specific true story from Underworld #3 and included a hatchet to a toddler's head. (So disturbing, I apparently decided I needed a copy but have left it in the slab.)

Underworld3page4.jpg

Underworld3page8.jpg

I do find that disturbing

Yesterday's news in the UK - very similar story.