• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Cal Comic Con

72 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

If you guys can, come out and support our show.

This Saturday Nov 6th 10-5pm at the Oceanside Boy's and Girls Club 401 Country Club Lane Oceaside CA 92054

Dealers

Spare Bedroom Comics

NewComix.Com

Terry's Comics

R&K Comics

Southern California Comics

Steve Wyatt - Super-Con

Angelo's Comics

High Tech High

Fingerprint Ink Comics

Mike's Collectibles N Stuff

Don Miller Comics

Ron Chase Comics

San Diego Comics

Carpet Bomb Comics

Desert Wind Comics

Comic Gallery Comics

Top Cow Comics

Artist

Whilce Portacio

Bob Layton

Richard Friend

Joel Gomez

JJ Kirby

Michael Lopez

Livio Ramondelli

David Miller

I wasn't able to make it to LBCC this past weekend...too much going on...so at present I am planning on coming...most likely mid morning to mid afternoon...need to be back in OC late afternoon...

I will plan on bringing some books to sell or trade... :headbang:

Just wanted to check what time Bob Layton will be at the show? Is he going to be there between select times or the entire day?

Also, what were the local comic stores that have your show's flyers at? Wanted to pick up a few to pass onto my co-workers in case they might want to go stop by. Thanks

I talked to Bob yesterday and he asked me what time the show opened and I told him 10. He answered ok an early morning it is then. So I think he intends to be there when the doors open or pretty close to it. I will be calling him Friday night as well. Does that help?

:news:

The So-Cal Comic Con show is all set-up ready to go for the dealers to show up bright and early tomorrow. ;)

If you are a boardie and live between San Diego and LA there is no reason unless a death in the family why your arse should not be in attendence. :grin:

Bob Layton and Whilce Portacio will be doing sketches all day and a CGC witness will be at the show do verify all the convention goodness to send off to CGC.

Should be a great convention, so see everyone there. :applause:

SOT

:news:

The So-Cal Comic Con show is all set-up ready to go for the dealers to show up bright and early tomorrow. ;)

If you are a boardie and live between San Diego and LA there is no reason unless a death in the family why your arse should not be in attendence. :grin:

Bob Layton and Whilce Portacio will be doing sketches all day and a CGC witness will be at the show do verify all the convention goodness to send off to CGC.

Should be a great convention, so see everyone there. :applause:

SOT

Getting ready to head down...should be there around 12:30-1pm... :headbang:

Hi everyone,

Well, our 1st show (me and Joel) was a great success! :applause: For a small 1st time show we had close to 300 in attendance. I was really amazed to see a line waiting to get in for our show. We had several raffles at 1230, 230, and 430, with prizes from CGC books, Bust, Star Wars items, and our big draw, a copy of Dare Devil #1 sign by Stan Lee. We had a consession stand for Sodas and Snacks. Also the 1st 100 guests recieved grab bags that had about 12 comics per bag. Consisting of copies of "Ulitmate X-men #1, Ultimate Spider-man #1, Hulk and Iron Man #1, Star Wars Tales, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Batman, and Several other titles. To my amazement Bob Layton show'd up at 9am (show started at 10am) and stayed the whole show till 430. He was really busy signing autographs and doing several commissions. All the WildStorm guys did a Jam piece for Chandler which is really amazing.

Well, my thoughts on doing a show. It's hard work !. I never realized how much detail and planning goes into something like this. It was a continuing learning process from the initial beginnings to the very end. I was constantly worried about every aspect, did I advertise enough, am I going to have a good attendance, will my dealers be happy and successful, did I choose the right location. All these thoughts kept racking my head. But in the end, everything turn out alright. I talk to alot of people about what they like about the show and what they didn't. In the end the main question from Attendees and Dealers was. "When's the next show?" :sumo::o:grin:

I want to thank everyone who attended, and a big thanks to all the Dealers who set up. With out you guys this show would not be possible. So the only thing to say is look out for us next year. (thumbs u

Rey Reyes

Pics to follow...........

No money, no trades. Will see Terry and crew at the Yorba Linda show.

:sorry: Sorry you had no money to spend, but thanks for coming out. (thumbs u

haha he didn't show up. (tsk)