• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion needed

Showcase Presents...What to read?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Showcase Presents...What to read?

46 posts in this topic

So I am on vacation starting at 5:00 PM today...yahh!!! And next week I will be flying to Calgary to visit my wifes' relatives. During this time I will (hopefully) be catching up on some reading.

However I am not sure what to read. I have to keep it light so I have decided on one of the Showcase books with the black and white reprints. Now this is where you come in...I need your help in figuring out which has the best stories. Let me know your thoughts.

Here are the choices:

For me, tough choice between these two. Zero interest in the others.

Showcase Presents: Green Lantern, Vol. 1 - Showcase #22-24 & Green Lantern #1-17

Showcase Presents: House of Mystery Vol. 1 - #174-196

I went with the HOM (thumbs u While the GL book would be fun, I don't think you can beat the awesome variety and entertainment (both in stories and artists) of the HOM book.

For me it's a toss between the HOM people tend to like and the Batman showcase. HOM gives you the variety but sometimes the stories are too short (and they are not pre-Code) while the Batman is good solid fun which you're looking for. If I were you I'd pack 2 of them :thumbsup:

For me, tough choice between these two. Zero interest in the others.

Showcase Presents: Green Lantern, Vol. 1 - Showcase #22-24 & Green Lantern #1-17

Showcase Presents: House of Mystery Vol. 1 - #174-196

I went with the HOM (thumbs u While the GL book would be fun, I don't think you can beat the awesome variety and entertainment (both in stories and artists) of the HOM book.

(thumbs u

Go crack! Go crack! :headbang:

Great, at this rate, I'll be arrested before I get on the plane. doh!

At least you'll have a great story for a thread when you get back! (thumbs u