• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman 251

61 posts in this topic

He wants me to return the book so he can check the book then give me a refund.

Does this seem fair? I have never had to return something on ebay. Is it better if I ask for half the refund upfront before I return the comic?

I don't think you risk anything by sending back. I wouldn't agree to cancel the sell if he asks you to do so before you get the refund. (thumbs u

Maybe for future viewers of the post, that won't be able to do a search on completed auctions, you could out the seller? :wishluck:

Returned the comic to him and he sends me a message last night:

"I just got the book back. It has a corner fold that was definitely not on the book when I sent it.Looks like you may have dropped the book as i also see a corner bend that was not present.i will contact ebay as i am not issuing a refund .I have hi-res scans on each page before I sell them, and this damage did not occur from my end."

Now I am pissed!! :slapfight:

I've seen dropped books and that does not look dropped to me. Just general wear - no way close to VF/NM . . maybe FN on a good day.

Simple. File with paypal. Buyer always wins, and I am willing to bet he doesnt have the high res scans as he didnt even have a back cover scan in the listing.

:banana: file with paypal done first thing this AM

Returned the comic to him and he sends me a message last night:

"I just got the book back. It has a corner fold that was definitely not on the book when I sent it.Looks like you may have dropped the book as i also see a corner bend that was not present.i will contact ebay as i am not issuing a refund .I have hi-res scans on each page before I sell them, and this damage did not occur from my end."

Now I am pissed!! :slapfight:

What a sleaze. doh! How can he think that's a legitimate answer?

Good luck with the Paypal dispute. :wishluck:

I've got a question from the back of the room. Can he out the seller? Or should he wait till the matter is settled? What is the proper protocol? (shrug)

+1 hm

I'd love to know who this is too. I don't buy many raw books on ebay anymore, but it's always good to know who to add to the blocked lists!