• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Would You Handle This Bid Retraction?

22 posts in this topic

I would not worry about it. It is in a location that is not easy to find for the average user. Luckily, you didn't have many bids on the item and he was the top bidder. I can understand that you may feel that it reflects poorly against you as a seller but I wouldn't concern myself with it. I don't believe that retracted bids are even factored into a buying decision.

It is free listing month so if it bothers you that much just close the auction and start a new one.

Or as eBay also says:

"If you can’t retract a bid, you can contact the seller to request that your bid be canceled. The decision to cancel a bid is up to the seller."

I take "can't" to mean when the auction is in the final 12 hours, and no bidder retractions are allowed by Ebay. Before the last 12 hours, is there any other time the bidder can't retract a bid? (regardless as to the reason).