• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

He had to do what he had to do. I would not have done what he did, BUT I could see why he did it. Each had one bullet left, Shane couldn't run because of his ankle, and the big guy wouldn't be able to either because of his health. Medicine would not have gotten to Carl...Carl would have died. Don't see a reason to hate Shane. People do crazy things in crazy situations.

hm

Remember Jessie and Ron?? TV Shane is very similar to the current Rick in the comic. 2c

Don't say anymore. Not caught up yet in the comic. Have so much to go. I left off at issue #35 or something. :cry:

35!!!! :o:o

Get reading! You're about to hit the best part. :gossip:

He had to do what he had to do. I would not have done what he did, BUT I could see why he did it. Each had one bullet left, Shane couldn't run because of his ankle, and the big guy wouldn't be able to either because of his health. Medicine would not have gotten to Carl...Carl would have died. Don't see a reason to hate Shane. People do crazy things in crazy situations.

hm

Remember Jessie and Ron?? TV Shane is very similar to the current Rick in the comic. 2c

Don't say anymore. Not caught up yet in the comic. Have so much to go. I left off at issue #35 or something. :cry:

If you're expecting spoiler alerts for everything that has happened since issue 35 you have set your expectations too high ;)

hm

If you're expecting spoiler alerts for everything that has happened since issue 35 you have set your expectations too high ;)

TRUE!

haha.

Holy carp are you in for a treat...Shut down your computer and start reading man !!!

I loved episode 3, liking this show more and more. In 3 episodes s02 has already made up for the lackluster s01.

lovin' it <3

hm

I just started this great series....

250px-Dark_knight_returns.jpg

Nobody ruin it for me. :wishluck:

lol

Should be no fear of that in this thread ;)

I would caution you to avoid all forms of mass media including but not limited to TV, radio, Internet,magazines and newspapers. ;)

lol

Should be no fear of that in this thread ;)

I would caution you to avoid all forms of mass media including but not limited to TV, radio, Internet,magazines and newspapers. ;)

Do you mean in general or re WD? :devil:

hm

:roflmao: Jeez. Forgive my slow reading. I think I've been doing pretty good so far with the tons of titles I'm already reading. Haven't even read my Tommy Zombie since I got it. Should I just "pinata" myself? :roflmao:

hm

:roflmao: Jeez. Forgive my slow reading. I think I've been doing pretty good so far with the tons of titles I'm already reading. Haven't even read my Tommy Zombie since I got it. Should I just "pinata" myself? :roflmao:

Tommy Zombie was pretty recent.

Walking Dead #35 is just a few months short of 5 years ago. Thus the unrepentant ribbing. :baiting:

hm

Tommy Zombie was pretty recent.

Walking Dead #35 is just a few months short of 5 years ago. Thus the unrepentant ribbing. :baiting:

I promise I will be caught up by this coming Sunday. Actually, I think I'm more ahead than that. Just reserved several tpbs locally. :headbang:

Just finished watching #3.

What Shane did . . . . . wow. Now I really don't like him. I understand why, but that still does not make it right.

And he at least could have . . . . . . .

Shot him in the head, made it so he did not have to suffer. Shane let the situation get the best of him and let his animal instincts take over. Making him less of a man in my book and just another simple human.

What Shane did . . . . . wow. Now I really don't like him. I understand why, but that still does not make it right.

Shot him in the head, made it so he did not have to suffer. Shane let the situation get the best of him and let his animal instincts take over. Making him less of a man in my book and just another simple human.

The Undead aren't attracted to the dead. They want warm, alive people to eat. If he would have shot him dead, Otis would not have been screaming and writhing and crying (AKA attracting all the undead to himself) and the undead would have walked right past Otis and kept after Shane.

Think of it another way. Shane doesn't do something, Shane dies, Otis dies, Carl dies. What he did was horrible, but it meant only 1 person died and not 3. It sure felt like he was trying to save his own skin, but it was also the only choice that preventing everyone from dying.

What's more interesting is Shane shaving his head....he's making sure if he has to do it again that whomever the unlucky sucker is he leaves behind can't grab him by the hair. Survival instinct.

The Undead aren't attracted to the dead. They want warm, alive people to eat. If he would have shot him dead, Otis would not have been screaming and writhing and crying (AKA attracting all the undead to himself) and the undead would have walked right past Otis and kept after Shane.

Think of it another way. Shane doesn't do something, Shane dies, Otis dies, Carl dies. What he did was horrible, but it meant only 1 person died and not 3. It sure felt like he was trying to save his own skin, but it was also the only choice that preventing everyone from dying.

What's more interesting is Shane shaving his head....he's making sure if he has to do it again that whomever the unlucky sucker is he leaves behind can't grab him by the hair. Survival instinct.

Shane shaved his head because Otis ripped a big patch of hair out of his scalp. If he didn't shave it people would be wondering WTF why did you have a big patch of hair ripped away. Also don't think he could look at himself in the mirror and see that missing hair without freaking out.

And nobody seems to mention that Shane offered to be left behind 1st. Shane realized someone had to stay behind. If not him then there was only one other option. Too bad Shane is going to die :( I like how they have developed his character. In my mind he has sacrificed the most.

And nobody seems to mention that Shane offered to be left behind 1st. Shane realized someone had to stay behind. If not him then there was only one other option. Too bad Shane is going to die :( I like how they have developed his character. In my mind he has sacrificed the most.

bleeding heart canadian.

i'm sure the writers will make him a monster before they kill him off.