• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Dang, how many 49ers fans are there in this thread? Growing up outside of Cincinnati, my whole family loved the Bengals so I grew up a 49ers fan to go against everyone. :)

49ers looking amazing this year. Can't wait to see them play against the Packers in the playoffs.

To stay on topic, go Glenn. Nice kill.

The 49ers defense and special teams has carried the team this far. We need an offense and it starts with Alex Smith. Sure, he has his good days but he's very inconsistent. He'd make a good backup, but we need an A list quarterback to be a true powerhouse.

On a lot of the message boards people are complaining about "they should get going" and "what are they waiting around for?"

If you look at them, this is the first time in months they have had a safe place to hold up. Where do people want them to go? Fort Benning? What if there's nothing there? What if it's worse? If the military isn't holding the CDC, which is the last line of defense for a viral outbreak, what makes everyone think that this farm isn't the best thing they may find, perhaps ever?

So search for the kid forever, it's not like they are going to miss Monday Night Football or anything else for that matter.

Chris, we don't want them to leave Hershel's without a reason or a plan, but we want the depiction of their plight to speed up to the point where they actually have a reason or a plan. I'm all for character development, but this is ridiculous - it's taking multiple episodes for even the most basic story elements to progress.

My biggest fear is that TWD loses its popularity and gets cancelled in a few seasons...and they're still on Hershel's farm, Sophia is still missing and there are still walkers in the barn. :eyeroll: The show simply cannot continue to plod along at this pace, because, as much as we enjoy it, it's not going to be on the air forever and there is a LOT of ground to cover.

Wouldn't it be a terrible shame if the show is on the air, for, say, 5-7 seasons and they only end up covering a small % of what's been depicted in the comic book series? Yeah, we'll know the characters inside out, but we'll never see them put through all of Kirkman's best comic storylines and we'll see a hackneyed, abrupt ending. That would be terrible. :(

Indeed, that would be. I'm enjoying it, myself, though some dialogues I can do with out because it slows it down. I think it's difficult enough Kirkman trying to do his thing taking into consideration that there are so many freakin' commercials involved. I use DVR and I always feel cheated when my favorite shows are not actually a whole or half hour. Not sure how many seasons they plan on doing or how many they will actually come to have, but one thing for sure is that I am enjoying the ride. Worst case scenario, I always have the books for further satisfaction. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY

Run down on Episode 7...aka Next weeks episode ( Pretty much Dead already)

Spoiler alert.

Episode 7

“Pretty Much Dead Already”

Episode opens with Glenn revealing the presence of the walkers to the rest of the group, who promptly proceed to freak out. Maggie becomes angry with Glenn for not keeping the secret and ruins his hat in retribution. Dale gives Glenn his trademark bucket hat as a replacement. Maggie later makes a plea to Hershel for the group to stay. She and Glenn also have an argument about the walkers, after which they eventually admit their feelings, kiss and make up.

Rick and Hershel argue, with Hershel demanding the group leave within a week. Rick uses the my-wife-is-pregnant card, but Hershel’s not persuaded. Shane also wants the group to get the hell out of there because of the walkers in the barn, but Rick uses the same excuse to cool him down. However, Shane then becomes convinced that Lori’s baby is his.

Dale takes off with Shane’s guns to hide them in the swamp. Shane tracks him down and demands he give the guns back. Dale points his rifle at him and threatens to shoot. However, he backs down at the last moment, since he has no wish to become like Shane: he reveals that he knows Shane shot Otis and lied about what really happened. Shane heads back to the farm with the guns.

Hershel has Rick help him and Jimmy try to fish some walkers out of a nearby pit of quicksand and lead them into the barn with snare poles. He says the group can stay on the farm if they agree not to kill the walkers. They arrive at the farm about the same time Shane emerges from the swamp and hands out guns to other members of the group…

Shane sees the snared walkers and goes berserk. He yells at Rick and Hershel as they guide the walkers towards the barn, with the rest of the group and people in the farm looking on. He pulls his sidearm and unloads it in the chest of one of the walkers, demanding to know “Could someone who’s alive just take that? Why is it still coming?” Hershel has no answer.

He finishes off the walker with a headshot, grabs a nearby *****xe and breaks open the barn door. Walkers pour out, T-Dog, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, and Andrea form a line and open fire. Once the dust clears, one more walker emerges. Sophia. Rick finally steps up next to the others, pulls his six-shooter and kills Sophia with a shot to the head. End episode.

WOW. Thanks for posting that. I can't help myself with spoilers. That sounds like quite the episode!

I am loving the show. For me, it's moving along at a pretty good pace. Yes at times it seems slow, but I love the character development. And last nights episode was good because it tied up a lot of loose ends I think. Glen spilled his guts, Rick now knows that Lori is preggo AND was with Shane. Really they could have dragged this out longer but I'm glad they didn't.

Really digging Shane's character (he's my fav). Dale....not so much. He needs to keep his opinions to himself! Always up in everyone's business!

Spoiler alert.

Episode 7

“Pretty Much Dead Already”

Episode opens with Glenn revealing the presence of the walkers to the rest of the group, who promptly proceed to freak out. Maggie becomes angry with Glenn for not keeping the secret and ruins his hat in retribution. Dale gives Glenn his trademark bucket hat as a replacement. Maggie later makes a plea to Hershel for the group to stay. She and Glenn also have an argument about the walkers, after which they eventually admit their feelings, kiss and make up.

Rick and Hershel argue, with Hershel demanding the group leave within a week. Rick uses the my-wife-is-pregnant card, but Hershel’s not persuaded. Shane also wants the group to get the hell out of there because of the walkers in the barn, but Rick uses the same excuse to cool him down. However, Shane then becomes convinced that Lori’s baby is his.

Dale takes off with Shane’s guns to hide them in the swamp. Shane tracks him down and demands he give the guns back. Dale points his rifle at him and threatens to shoot. However, he backs down at the last moment, since he has no wish to become like Shane: he reveals that he knows Shane shot Otis and lied about what really happened. Shane heads back to the farm with the guns.

Hershel has Rick help him and Jimmy try to fish some walkers out of a nearby pit of quicksand and lead them into the barn with snare poles. He says the group can stay on the farm if they agree not to kill the walkers. They arrive at the farm about the same time Shane emerges from the swamp and hands out guns to other members of the group…

Shane sees the snared walkers and goes berserk. He yells at Rick and Hershel as they guide the walkers towards the barn, with the rest of the group and people in the farm looking on. He pulls his sidearm and unloads it in the chest of one of the walkers, demanding to know “Could someone who’s alive just take that? Why is it still coming?” Hershel has no answer.

He finishes off the walker with a headshot, grabs a nearby *****xe and breaks open the barn door. Walkers pour out, T-Dog, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, and Andrea form a line and open fire. Once the dust clears, one more walker emerges. Sophia. Rick finally steps up next to the others, pulls his six-shooter and kills Sophia with a shot to the head. End episode.

WOW. Thanks for posting that. I can't help myself with spoilers. That sounds like quite the episode!

I am loving the show. For me, it's moving along at a pretty good pace. Yes at times it seems slow, but I love the character development. And last nights episode was good because it tied up a lot of loose ends I think. Glen spilled his guts, Rick now knows that Lori is preggo AND was with Shane. Really they could have dragged this out longer but I'm glad they didn't.

Really digging Shane's character (he's my fav). Dale....not so much. He needs to keep his opinions to himself! Always up in everyone's business!

Shane is a d-bag. I can't wait for Carl to put one in his head. Dale is one of the best characters, I think. He is always looking out for people.

Rick now knows that Lori is preggo

Which leaves me wondering what it was that Dr. Jenner told Rick as they left the CDC. I had originally thought it was about Lori's pregnancy. hm

I still think he told him that Lori was pregnant. I think he knew all along, but was trying to find out who she was with since the timing wasn't working out with it being his baby.

I think that's why he said, "Is there ANYTHING ELSE I need to know?" last night.

On a lot of the message boards people are complaining about "they should get going" and "what are they waiting around for?"

If you look at them, this is the first time in months they have had a safe place to hold up. Where do people want them to go? Fort Benning? What if there's nothing there? What if it's worse? If the military isn't holding the CDC, which is the last line of defense for a viral outbreak, what makes everyone think that this farm isn't the best thing they may find, perhaps ever?

So search for the kid forever, it's not like they are going to miss Monday Night Football or anything else for that matter.

Chris, we don't want them to leave Hershel's without a reason or a plan, but we want the depiction of their plight to speed up to the point where they actually have a reason or a plan. I'm all for character development, but this is ridiculous - it's taking multiple episodes for even the most basic story elements to progress.

My biggest fear is that TWD loses its popularity and gets cancelled in a few seasons...and they're still on Hershel's farm, Sophia is still missing and there are still walkers in the barn. :eyeroll: The show simply cannot continue to plod along at this pace, because, as much as we enjoy it, it's not going to be on the air forever and there is a LOT of ground to cover.

Wouldn't it be a terrible shame if the show is on the air, for, say, 5-7 seasons and they only end up covering a small % of what's been depicted in the comic book series? Yeah, we'll know the characters inside out, but we'll never see them put through all of Kirkman's best comic storylines and we'll see a hackneyed, abrupt ending. That would be terrible. :(

How long before they introduce Cousin Oliver?

Alice's boyfriend Sam the Butcher would take care of zombie Cousin Oliver with a meat cleaver to his skull!

The "ouch my nose" scene would have to be inflicted against a zombie-Jan and her nose would actually fly off when hit with the basketball...

:insane:

Which leaves me wondering what it was that Dr. Jenner told Rick as they left the CDC. I had originally thought it was about Lori's pregnancy. hm

Me too! I was sure that it was about Lori being preggo. Now I hope it was something else....something they don't forget to address (if that was it or not).

I still think he told him that Lori was pregnant. I think he knew all along, but was trying to find out who she was with since the timing wasn't working out with it being his baby.

I think that's why he said, "Is there ANYTHING ELSE I need to know?" last night.

Which may explain his lack of shock and surprise when Lori spills it that she was with Shane.

Which may explain his lack of shock and surprise when Lori spills it that she was with Shane.

on talking dead show, kevin smith said the writer is a female, and no normal dude would react the way rick did when lori told him she and shane did the wild thing. :banana:

on talking dead show, kevin smith said the writer is a female, and no normal dude would react the way rick did when lori told him she and shane did the wild thing. :banana:

I saw that, but he overlooked Rick already knowing what's up. I loved the other guy's comment about Shane ALWAYS staring a Lori. lol

I saw that, but he overlooked Rick already knowing what's up. I loved the other guy's comment about Shane ALWAYS staring a Lori. lol

shane can be a sympathetic in one ep, and a total tool in the next. :ohnoez:

In that way I think he's the most realistically portrayed character (along with Andrea). World as you know it ends, fight for survival every day, the rules don't apply anymore. Do you go crazy? Do you hold it together? A little of both depending on your mood, the day, etc?

I thought in the comics that Lori and Shane were hooking up even before Rick got shot - is that right? Is that also what's going on in the TV series? I've lost track a bit.

I remember in the pilot episode that it was at least alluded to that Rick and Lori's marriage was not going well, and Lori's response to Rick's hypothesis last night that she only got it on with Shane because she thought Rick was dead and the world was going to hell was not very convincing - I forget if that's because she was already cheating with Shane before the apocalypse or some other reason?

I thought in the comics that Lori and Shane were hooking up even before Rick got shot - is that right? Is that also what's going on in the TV series? I've lost track a bit.

I remember in the pilot episode that it was at least alluded to that Rick and Lori's marriage was not going well, and Lori's response to Rick's hypothesis last night that she only got it on with Shane because she thought Rick was dead and the world was going to hell was not very convincing - I forget if that's because she was already cheating with Shane before the apocalypse or some other reason?

No, I don't remember anything like that.

Lori only hooked up with Shane after Rick's presumed dead and they are on the move post Zombie apocalypse. That's consistent in books and show.

I think he was so calm because he already had an inkling of that. Shane's not very good at hiding his ogling of Lori. lol

So do you think they might go with bad boy Shane and Andrea being an item in the series, and keeping Dale as a "father" like figure?? I don't seem to feel any romantic feelings between Andrea and Dale. Nothing like killing some zombies to get you in the mood lol

mea culpa. i argued that the search for sophia stopped the show in its tracks. i've come to realize that without the need to search for her, the characters would sit around all day eating peaches.

Not just any peaches...authentic Georgia Peaches. lol

I've seen a lot of zombie movies, and I gotta say that there is nothing that has been done that compares in style, acting, drama, make-up to The Walking Dead. I often jokingly say that most realistic zombie movies are the comedies, the ones that don't take themselves seriously, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, but this is by far the most realistic representation of the zombie genre I've ever seen.

You have actors that have been in movies that have been nominated and won oscars, tv shows that have won emmys, I really don't see were we have seen a zombie movie/show with this caliber of actors. You don't hear people complain about how awful Andrew Lincolns(rick grimes) american accent is, as a matter of fact, I believe that most people probably don't even realize that Andrew Lincoln is English. Now, that's good acting.

The plots, the scenes, the make-up, it's all very realistic and believable to me. I hardly ever find myself shaking my head and questioning whether a scene or situation is believable as occurs with many other zombie representations in other movies. Beyond not questioning the realism of the show when you can find yourself watching something over and over and over again, then you have something special.

I love this show, I hope it runs for many seasons. It's a shame that AMC had to cannibalize The Walking Dead budget to sign Matt Weiner to a 25mil-30mil deal and to keep The Killing alive. AMC cut the budget for season 2 from 3.4 million to 2.75 million per episode. I just hope AMC realizes what a gem it has and doesn't cannibalize the budget to cut back any more.

Spoiler alert.

Episode 7

Pretty Much Dead Already

Rick and Hershel argue, with Hershel demanding the group leave within a week. Rick uses the my-wife-is-pregnant card, but Hershels not persuaded. Shane also wants the group to get the hell out of there because of the walkers in the barn, but Rick uses the same excuse to cool him down. However, Shane then becomes convinced that Loris baby is his.

Dale takes off with Shanes guns to hide them in the swamp. Shane tracks him down and demands he give the guns back. Dale points his rifle at him and threatens to shoot. However, he backs down at the last moment, since he has no wish to become like Shane: he reveals that he knows Shane shot Otis and lied about what really happened. Shane heads back to the farm with the guns.

Hershel has Rick help him and Jimmy try to fish some walkers out of a nearby pit of quicksand and lead them into the barn with snare poles. He says the group can stay on the farm if they agree not to kill the walkers. They arrive at the farm about the same time Shane emerges from the swamp and hands out guns to other members of the group

Shane sees the snared walkers and goes berserk. He yells at Rick and Hershel as they guide the walkers towards the barn, with the rest of the group and people in the farm looking on. He pulls his sidearm and unloads it in the chest of one of the walkers, demanding to know Could someone whos alive just take that? Why is it still coming? Hershel has no answer.

I found this photo last week but I wasn't sure if it was photoshopped or not. Now I know.

Major Spoiler if you click the link.

http://thewalkingdeadcomic.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/0011.jpg