• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

A little more gun goodness and a pic of one of my dogs who loves to go out shooting.

photo33ta.jpg

You can always use an AK or two for when the zombies attack your home.

photo34z.jpg

I used to have one of those Yugo M70 AB2 but sold it to a friend.

Top: milled Arsenal, Middle: Yugo M70 AB2, Bottom: WASR10

DSC00770.jpg

Here is my Zombie gear...Bushy w/XD(M) yes, the Plate carrier does have rifle plates!

DSC01159.jpg

The dagger looking knife was actually a gift from my wife. It's hand made by a former Military Vet. It's stored in the safe along with the box and info but will try to post it tomorrow.

OMG where did you find that blade? MUST HAVE IT!

The one under the AR

Here is a quick crappy phone picture of one of my anti-zombie rifles my AR-15. My favorite one at the moment. This baby is a tack driver at 100 to 200 yards. :)

photo32x.jpg

This here is my main hobby, followed by comics.

Anyone wanna trade some Walking Dead comics for an AK47 or Saiga 12? :cloud9:

hm As long as it doesn't get registered in my name and I could file the numbers on it. :devil:

It wouldn't matter in Cali, they would lock you up for life with a non California approved and non registered AK.

Anyhow, Comics and Firearms, I can totally understand that one. I've been collecting both on and off for 25+ yrs.

Uhhh, ya think? :/

I agree season two is frackin horrible. Please proceed to sell all of your Walking Dead comics and original artwork to myself and Branget. We understand that since the show is so horrible these items have no where to go but down and we don't want you to lose everything you have in the comics so we will gladly pay you anywhere from cover price up to $30 depending on the issue.

For original artwork we will cover the shipping cost and maybe your gas to get to the local post office.

(thumbs u

Sorry, but my interest in the comic series will not at all be affected by the TV series. ;)

Edited by voorhees

Sometimes I wonder who has actually read the comic. (shrug)

It's not nonstop zombie killing there either. Life is slow. Take away the rat race and the only time you're running is when the zombies are chasing you.

Perhaps the difference simply lies in the respective media.

One TV episode = roughly 1 hour of my time, and the story doesn't really move ahead, and then you have to wait a week.

5 issues or so = roughly 1 hour of my time and a lot more happens during that time.

(I know I can sit down and watch 5 episodes of the TV in a row as well, but that would be roughly 5 hours...)

Plus, I don't really care for the characters on TV.... I'm much more emotionally invested in the characters when I read the comic. Is that a result of mediocre acting/direction versus quality scripting and strong pencilling?

Also, it doesn't feel like anything horrible is EVER going to happen on the TV series. Yes, Sophia was a zombie and was then shot, but that's rather tame by the comic book's standards and they never really developed Sophia on TV, thus it never really hit home on an emotional level, and I've already forgotten about her... Whereas, for instance, I always think about Shane while reading the comic . I just don't see the TV series ever being as tense as the comic, which is what I believe to be the strength of the comic book. It has an omnipresent sense of foreboding dread that anything can and probably will happen.

It's just my 2c . I wish I enjoyed it as much as you do. Meanwhile I'm awaiting the 3rd instalment of DAY BY DAY ARMAGEDDON. :sumo: Check it out if you haven't done so already.

I agree season two is frackin horrible. Please proceed to sell all of your Walking Dead comics and original artwork to myself and Branget. We understand that since the show is so horrible these items have no where to go but down and we don't want you to lose everything you have in the comics so we will gladly pay you anywhere from cover price up to $30 depending on the issue.

For original artwork we will cover the shipping cost and maybe your gas to get to the local post office.

(thumbs u

Sorry, but my interest in the comic series will not at all be affected by the TV series. ;)

+1

Sometimes I wonder who has actually read the comic. (shrug)

It's not nonstop zombie killing there either. Life is slow. Take away the rat race and the only time you're running is when the zombies are chasing you.

Perhaps the difference simply lies in the respective media.

One TV episode = roughly 1 hour of my time, and the story doesn't really move ahead, and then you have to wait a week.

5 issues or so = roughly 1 hour of my time and a lot more happens during that time.

(I know I can sit down and watch 5 episodes of the TV in a row as well, but that would be roughly 5 hours...)

Plus, I don't really care for the characters on TV.... I'm much more emotionally invested in the characters when I read the comic. Is that a result of mediocre acting/direction versus quality scripting and strong pencilling?

Also, it doesn't feel like anything horrible is EVER going to happen on the TV series. Yes, Sophia was a zombie and was then shot, but that's rather tame by the comic book's standards and they never really developed Sophia on TV, thus it never really hit home on an emotional level, and I've already forgotten about her... Whereas, for instance, I always think about Shane while reading the comic . I just don't see the TV series ever being as tense as the comic, which is what I believe to be the strength of the comic book. It has an omnipresent sense of foreboding dread that anything can and probably will happen....

I think that I haven't felt that tension in the comic in quite a while since about issue 48. :( I still like the series quite a bit, have felt sadness on character's deaths, been interested in new events but just haven't really felt dread like I did in the 43-48 arc which was monumental. I think part of this is that I haven't sat down and just read all 40+ comics that have been published since #48 in one sitting or even read an arc in one sitting. It's all been monthly reading. I've heard others say that reading arcs or tpbs is the thing to do.

Naw, he had them figured out from the get go. Just could not commit to the action without justification.

I'm of the same opinion. That's why him and Hershel lied right off the bat.

Indeed. They had to. Too many direct questions and unknown factors. Loved how it all went down.

Naw, he had them figured out from the get go. Just could not commit to the action without justification.

Indeed. They had to. Too many direct questions and unknown factors. Loved how it all went down.

I was actually reading on some other forums where folks condemned Rick's actions saying it was wrong etc. I was blown away, yes, Dave obviously attacked first justifing Rick's actions but they completely missed the direct questions and how things escalated when Rick refused to answer the questions and give up the group's location.

I was actually reading on some other forums where folks condemned Rick's actions saying it was wrong etc. I was blown away, yes, Dave obviously attacked first justifing Rick's actions but they completely missed the direct questions and how things escalated when Rick refused to answer the questions and give up the group's location.

Exactly. On top of cop instincts. On top of the language and attitude they brought in through the door. These people were unknown and pushed to hard for info.