• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Thanks for that Ian - wttb.

UK viewers don't get the new season until next week so you may want to edit the whole thing?

Two season's four chunks is what I'm predicting. I imagine that the mid-season break will end with Rick getting abducted and the Governor cutting off his hand, that the season finale will end with the Governor brutally raping Michone, that the mid-season break next year will be Michone chopping up the Governor and the season finale will be the death of the Governor, Lori and the baby. What does everyone else think?

I am very curious to see how long they stretch out the Governor storyline, since he was in a pretty good chunk of the comic issues, #27-#48 I believe?

Yeah.. but he's really only in about 6 full issues of the story page wise and not even in issues 34-41. They have some content to go off of, but a whole lot more to make up.

It looks like its an entirely different town ... from the previews, I didn't see anything that resembled the arena battles. I think this incarnation of the governor is more of an iron fist with a velvet glove than the depiction of the character in the comic.

It looks like its an entirely different town ... from the previews, I didn't see anything that resembled the arena battles. I think this incarnation of the governor is more of an iron fist with a velvet glove than the depiction of the character in the comic.

Not sure what you're basing this off of, if it's just the preview then that's just silly.

I'm sure he'll be like the character in the comic, in the same way that Michonne & Rick have been. That's what people like and what works best. They can change the events in the show all they want.

It looked to me like there were shots of Michonne getting ready to battle and the governor sitting back, looking at his wall of heads, taken almost directly from the book.

I think the trailer implies a face off between Rick and The Governor, but I think it was just creative editing.

I think it's actually the prisonors Rick is threatening in the trailer when he says; This prison is ours, we spilled blood, if you come near our people I'll kill you, etc... 2c

I see them taking their time and slowly revealing how dangerous The Governor is.

There is zero chance that Rick's hand gets cut off by the Governor. Kirkman is on record as saying it was a big mistake in the comic.

It looked to me like there were shots of Michonne getting ready to battle and the governor sitting back, looking at his wall of heads, taken almost directly from the book.

Wall of Heads!!!! :acclaim:

anyone has any spoiler about the helicopter? I know it crashes but from the trailer it looks like the military. I hope its not like the book (if I remember it was reporters?) and they have an actual military base somewhere. I mean come on. a group with an old guy a kid and a pregnant woman can survive a zombie apocalypse and not even (1) military unit? hopefully they dont stick to the book and we actually see a surviving army.

even better (for me at least) would be seeing the President and his secret service survive in a fully operational underground bunker in D.C., where hopefully the group ends up in their trail of survival - but Im getting ahead of myself.

was a great episode though.... to start. better than last seasons first.

Edited by Yannis

There is zero chance that Rick's hand gets cut off by the Governor. Kirkman is on record as saying it was a big mistake in the comic.

And especially since the preview shows Merle at the end with his weaponed-up "stump". I think Merle losing his hand was done so that Rick wouldn't lose his; the fans get a hand lopped-off, and Kirkman doesn't make the same mistake twice with Rick.

Pretty good episode tonight. I see Carl still doesn't understand the concept of "stay in the house".

:)

Yeah good episode tonight, is it just me or is this season a lot more gory than last season?

Any episode of Three's Company was gorier than any episode from last season :insane:

Pretty good episode tonight. I see Carl still doesn't understand the concept of "stay in the house".

:)

Yeah good episode tonight, is it just me or is this season a lot more gory than last season?

Apparently I am the only one who felt tonight's episode was kinda boring. lol

As I said in the other thread I just got done watching Game of Thrones Season #2 so that could have the effect on me that everything else blows after that. hm

Seriously though this to me was a filler episode and while zombie deaths are nice I felt this episode didn't really go anywhere.

I am excited for next week's episode. Still not sold on the actor and look of the Governor, but I hope I am proven wrong.....We shall see.