• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I don't think them showing or at least alluding to the rape, whether it will be Michonne or Andrea, is out of the realm of possibility. They have shown a few steamy Certs encounters between Shane and Lori. And Andrea.

I think Michonne is going to be approached by the big bearded African American guy. He keeps staring at her like he wants to say something. Tyreese clone p'raps?

The acting is great but I still don't dislike the governor, just as I didn't dislike Shane in the show. He was the one making it interesting. He was crazy, but Lori helped by stringing him along.

The Governor doesn't have that despicable nature yet. He's nuts, as the last couple minutes of the episode showed, but not that outright lunatic fringe nature he had in the comic. He killed some guys to get their supplies. Apocalyptically speaking, who wouldn't?

I don't think them showing or at least alluding to the rape, whether it will be Michonne or Andrea, is out of the realm of possibility. They have shown a few steamy Certs encounters between Shane and Lori. And Andrea.

I think Michonne is going to be approached by the big bearded African American guy. He keeps staring at her like he wants to say something. Tyreese clone p'raps?

The acting is great but I still don't dislike the governor, just as I didn't dislike Shane in the show. He was the one making it interesting. He was crazy, but Lori helped by stringing him along.

The Governor doesn't have that despicable nature yet. He's nuts, as the last couple minutes of the episode showed, but not that outright lunatic fringe nature he had in the comic. He killed some guys to get their supplies. Apocalyptically speaking, who wouldn't?

RE: The guy watching Michonne. He was obviously told by the Gov. to keep an eye on the outsiders. I hope he wasn't trying to be sneaky about it, because then he's doing a really job of it.

As for the GOV., I don't believe he killed those guys to get their supplies. He killed them so no one would challenge his authority. He doesn't need the outside world, and these guys are a part of that world. He's building his own world, with himself on top. Combine that with his interesting take on aquariums and you've got a whole new kind of evil that almost no one would engage in.

It was a standard dramatic device, to make the evil antagonist friendly, kind, and generous...making him seem seductively admirable, before pulling the rug out from the audience. Well done.

RE: The guy watching Michonne. He was obviously told by the Gov. to keep an eye on the outsiders. I hope he wasn't trying to be sneaky about it, because then he's doing a really job of it.

As for the GOV., I don't believe he killed those guys to get their supplies. He killed them so no one would challenge his authority. He doesn't need the outside world, and these guys are a part of that world. He's building his own world, with himself on top. Combine that with his interesting take on aquariums and you've got a whole new kind of evil that almost no one would engage in.

It was a standard dramatic device, to make the evil antagonist friendly, kind, and generous...making him seem seductively admirable, before pulling the rug out from the audience. Well done.

(thumbs u Couldn't have said it better my self.

I agree about your point about the challenge to authority motive of killing the weekend warriors, but the semi automatic weapons, military vehicles and supplies can't just be picked up anywhere. They were a contributing factor as well.

...the big bearded African American guy...Tyreese clone p'raps?

Nope. I'll go ahead and share my personal theory about how they are going to bring Tyreese into the show. Not wrapping this in spoilers, as it is merely conjecture on my part, but I have a really strong hunch on this one. Ready?

So, what will happen is, T-Dog will get bitten or killed in some fashion and, right before he croaks, there will be some sort of heartfelt interaction between him and another character (probably Rick) in which there will be dialogue along these lines:

"We never even knew your real name..."

"It's...Tyreese...gurgle..."

[Cue loud gnashing of teeth from Internet.]

Nope. I'll go ahead and share my personal theory about how they are going to bring Tyreese into the show. Not wrapping this in spoilers, as it is merely conjecture on my part, but I have a really strong hunch on this one. Ready?

So, what will happen is, T-Dog will get bitten or killed in some fashion and, right before he croaks, there will be some sort of heartfelt interaction between him and another character (probably Rick) in which there will be dialogue along these lines:

Nice theory... I'll bite.

I thought that was a given? Just waiting for their prison hook up and then...his exit.

+ 1 on tyreese being the big black dude - didn't look like his body language was saying he was too thilled with the gov's antics.

For those in the UK - Isohunt.com has a torrent up within 3 hrs of the show being on AMC

Why wait for a week?

I for one can't wait to see how they play out Daryl and Merle finally meeting again.

Oh, and

I'm pleasantly surprised with how

Woodbury

turned out set-design wise!

I put spoilers in your spoilers dawg.

Edited by roastedbagel

i wish they'd take comic book men off the air. it really sucks and interrupts the flow of WD Night

+1

I wish comic book men talked more about comic books. I thought I was watching without the stunts.

My 2c

Season one had a lot more comic books. This season two stuff is just fruity... I honestly can not stand Walt and the only thing keeping the show going is Keven Smith's name being attached.

Last season we got great content like Jason Mewe's coming in a messing stuff up. This season we get a 5 year old's party that makes me cringe that they are in a comic shop destroying books...

Bare with me because I know this is a crazy notion. What if you guys just didn't watch it?