• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Where them negative Nancys at?!

::crickets::

This episode was beyond epic. I'm still jumping up and down in excitement. I want more!!

I did not like this episode. Too many reasons to list.

A few....

- Unlimited ammo.....they were shooting on full auto. If you've ever fired on full auto, you go through a 30 round clip in like 4 seconds. They were firing full ammo for minutes! lol

- Everyone before is an expert shot to the head, but now no one can hit anyone (exception those being killed are the nobodies)

- If Guv wanted to really just kill Rick and gang he could have easily sat with some of his guys in the woods and taken them out one at a time while they were gardening, etc.

- He should have killed Michonne right away and just had Hershel out there.

- It was too quick from getting his gang riled up to attack the prison then the next moment they are sitting right outside without anyone in the prison hearing the dang tank drive up.

- How did the Guvs chick make it to the prison, how did she know where it was?

- Daryl had a scope on his rifle and he couldnt have taken a shot at the Guv? Guv goes down and the rest of his peeps would scatter.

That's about it for now. Too bad Hershel was gone but I figured he was gonna be toast sooner than later.

Oh yea! File cabinets, cars, and buses all deflect bullets!! Wow!

I put in spoilers cuz I see others have.....though I dont understand why, if you know the show comes on tonight then don't click on this thread!

Yikes....the dead walk...but guns not running out of bullets is the deal breaker. lol

That wasn't a long range scope on Daryl's rifle, it was a holographic sight. That was a short barrel AR, it and its holographic (which most likely didn't work because it runs on batteries) are designed for 25 feet and closer combat. Anything outside that range is a shoot. He might come within 2 feet at 50 yards but any closer is going to be a stretch and that sight is useless at that distance.

lol

Actually, the scope isn't even needed. They make head shots all the time on moving targets.

As I've said before, the dead walking excuse is used every time. The show is about zombies, I get it.

If magic ammo magazines is your complaint with this show you mustn't be happy with anything involving weaponry, TV or Film.

Where them negative Nancys at?!

::crickets::

This episode was beyond epic. I'm still jumping up and down in excitement. I want more!!

I did not like this episode. Too many reasons to list.

A few....

- Unlimited ammo.....they were shooting on full auto. If you've ever fired on full auto, you go through a 30 round clip in like 4 seconds. They were firing full ammo for minutes! lol

- Everyone before is an expert shot to the head, but now no one can hit anyone (exception those being killed are the nobodies)

- If Guv wanted to really just kill Rick and gang he could have easily sat with some of his guys in the woods and taken them out one at a time while they were gardening, etc.

- He should have killed Michonne right away and just had Hershel out there.

- It was too quick from getting his gang riled up to attack the prison then the next moment they are sitting right outside without anyone in the prison hearing the dang tank drive up.

- How did the Guvs chick make it to the prison, how did she know where it was?

- Daryl had a scope on his rifle and he couldnt have taken a shot at the Guv? Guv goes down and the rest of his peeps would scatter.

That's about it for now. Too bad Hershel was gone but I figured he was gonna be toast sooner than later.

Oh yea! File cabinets, cars, and buses all deflect bullets!! Wow!

I put in spoilers cuz I see others have.....though I dont understand why, if you know the show comes on tonight then don't click on this thread!

Yikes....the dead walk...but guns not running out of bullets is the deal breaker. lol

That wasn't a long range scope on Daryl's rifle, it was a holographic sight. That was a short barrel AR, it and its holographic (which most likely didn't work because it runs on batteries) are designed for 25 feet and closer combat. Anything outside that range is a shoot. He might come within 2 feet at 50 yards but any closer is going to be a stretch and that sight is useless at that distance.

lol

Actually, the scope isn't even needed. They make head shots all the time on moving targets.

As I've said before, the dead walking excuse is used every time. The show is about zombies, I get it.

It's a lot different when what you are shooting at is shooting back at you. The sight on Darryl's rifle was your complaint that's why I mentioned it.

I am shocked Maggie and Beth could hit anything at all.

Great episode. Very happy and sad at the same time. Made my stomach turn but loved every minute of it. Brutal stuff!

This is what I like to see from a show. Huge thumbs up. One of the best episodes yet. :applause:

It cracked me up on Talking Dead when Lauren Cohan said something like Kirkrman changed the -script at the end to add the "Don't look back Carl" language and that it was so powerful.

Aah, that was lifted directly from issue 48 so there was no need to change anything...

And, it was equally powerful then too.

Fantastic episode. Big time (thumbs u

WalkingDead6_cover-660x938.jpg

Ryan that was the most awesomest scene!!

Man I can't believe that episode. I watching the talking dead right now and it's very emotional.

Thoughts

I didn't understand why Michonne just walks away from Rick and Carl. Why couldn't she just stay with them?

Because we couldn't have that awesome shot at the end with just Rick & Carl lol

But seriously, I think Kirkman & Co. just wanted to break the group apart completely and have that Rick/Carl dynamic like in the books for a bit. Carl will really grow up more in the next few episodes (he was taking charge with those walkers at the door in the preview).

Slowly but surely the group will reform, or find members who have been taken out by walkers or other devious persons (The Hunters for example). Michonne has always been a loner and in the heat of battle her natural instinct was to evade and survive. If it wasn't for the revenge on the Gov, I think she may have taken off after she got free by the car ( I know it's crazy, but people will do what it takes to survive - like Shane did, like Carol did, etc).

So many possibilities for the 2nd half of the season, but the main ones in my mind will be:

(1) The Rick/Carl dynamic

(2) The patches of the group trying to make it

(3) A slow reforming of the group (not entirely)

(4) A new protagonist

(5) Enter Abe, Rosita, and Eugene

(6) The revelation of the "rat person" - someone is a sociopath (singing in the ring around the rosies tune lol )

(7) What if the rat person was/is Carl hm

(8) Carol is back with a new group or members of the old

(9) Chris Hardwick will have a geek stroke

(10) The list needed a tenth, so.... The kids with the guns form a gang like the Amazons in YTLM lol

I like your list. (thumbs u

I think it's great the show basically just reset itself back to the comics. It was going in a different direction, but now it's right back to issue #49 for the 2nd half of the show.

Comic: Dale and others are together in the RV

Show: Glenn and others are together in a bus

Comic: Rick and Carl are on their own

Show: Rick and Carl are on their own

Comic: Rick is severely hurt due to a gunshot wound to the stomach

Show: Rick is severely hurt due to a gunshot wound to the leg and beat down from the Governor

As for going forward...

In the comic they dealt with how dangerous people are who have survived this long. We see the hunters and the guys who try to rape Carl on the highway.

The show kept stressing this too. Notice in Rick's speech he said everyone who's lived this long has done bad things to survive? I think that was foreshadowing things to come.

My predictions:

1. We'll see the hunters soon

2. Tyreese will be tainted meat. (Dale, Hershel, and Tyreese seem to be exchanging roles)

3. The little girl with the gun will do something to make the adults think she's dangerous. Maybe she's the rat person? Carl will kill her like he did Ben in the comic.

Ryan that was the most awesomest scene!!

Man I can't believe that episode. I watching the talking dead right now and it's very emotional.

Thoughts

I didn't understand why Michonne just walks away from Rick and Carl. Why couldn't she just stay with them?

Because we couldn't have that awesome shot at the end with just Rick & Carl lol

But seriously, I think Kirkman & Co. just wanted to break the group apart completely and have that Rick/Carl dynamic like in the books for a bit. Carl will really grow up more in the next few episodes (he was taking charge with those walkers at the door in the preview).

Slowly but surely the group will reform, or find members who have been taken out by walkers or other devious persons (The Hunters for example). Michonne has always been a loner and in the heat of battle her natural instinct was to evade and survive. If it wasn't for the revenge on the Gov, I think she may have taken off after she got free by the car ( I know it's crazy, but people will do what it takes to survive - like Shane did, like Carol did, etc).

So many possibilities for the 2nd half of the season, but the main ones in my mind will be:

(1) The Rick/Carl dynamic

(2) The patches of the group trying to make it

(3) A slow reforming of the group (not entirely)

(4) A new protagonist

(5) Enter Abe, Rosita, and Eugene

(6) The revelation of the "rat person" - someone is a sociopath (singing in the ring around the rosies tune lol )

(7) What if the rat person was/is Carl hm

(8) Carol is back with a new group or members of the old

(9) Chris Hardwick will have a geek stroke

(10) The list needed a tenth, so.... The kids with the guns form a gang like the Amazons in YTLM lol

I like your list. (thumbs u

I think it's great the show basically just reset itself back to the comics. It was going in a different direction, but now it's right back to issue #49 for the 2nd half of the show.

Comic: Dale and others are together in the RV

Show: Glenn and others are together in a bus

Comic: Rick and Carl are on their own

Show: Rick and Carl are on their own

Comic: Rick is severely hurt due to a gunshot wound to the stomach

Show: Rick is severely hurt due to a gunshot wound to the leg and beat down from the Governor

As for going forward...

In the comic they dealt with how dangerous people are who have survived this long. We see the hunters and the guys who try to rape Carl on the highway.

The show kept stressing this too. Notice in Rick's speech he said everyone who's lived this long has done bad things to survive? I think that was foreshadowing things to come.

My predictions:

1. We'll see the hunters soon

2. Tyreese will be tainted meat. (Dale, Hershel, and Tyreese seem to be exchanging roles)

3. The little girl with the gun will do something to make the adults think she's dangerous. Maybe she's the rat person? Carl will kill her like he did Ben in the comic.

In the previews for the second half of the season, they showed Carl..

beating on Rick and screaming 'wake up dad!' just like in issue 50(?)

I liked Kirkman's discussions about the death of Hershel, the way the Governor was killed on the show as opposed to the comic, and the mixed feelings he has killing the cast members now that they are represented by actors rather than drawings on a page.

The only problem was that Hershel talked so slowly and Maggie was an emotional airhead who couldn't complete a coherent thought, so Kirkman was reduced to rubbing his belly in the corner for most of the hour.

Maggie's nice to look at however, so saving grace and all that.

I liked Kirkman's discussions about the death of Hershel, the way the Governor was killed on the show as opposed to the comic, and the mixed feelings he has killing the cast members now that they are represented by actors rather than drawings on a page.

The only problem was that Hershel talked so slowly and Maggie was an emotional airhead who couldn't complete a coherent thought, so Kirkman was reduced to rubbing his belly in the corner for most of the hour.

Haha, I am glad I wasn't the only one that thought they stunk on Talking Dead. Their responses were so vanilla and didn't elaborate at all.

Haha, I am glad I wasn't the only one that thought they stunk on Talking Dead. Their responses were so vanilla and didn't elaborate at all.

They really struggle to give insight without spoiling anything on that show.. Combine that with the emotion evoked by the episode and you have a recipe for a very somber Talking Dead

They were too busy crying...

When the cast does these interviews it feels fake when they cry. Hershel did a good job though (thumbs u

I mentioned this before, but it feels like watching the Truman Show when the cast is giving interviews about living in Truman's world.

IMHO:

Judith is still alive. It looked to me like maybe someone who was bleeding picked her up since there were no, ah, leftovers from a zombie chomp and by RK dancing around the question, he seems like he's saying that it would be more interesting to see her factored in to the escape from the prison and subsequently trying to survive without prison walls than not.

BTW for what it's worth from IMDB

IMDB has Lilly only listed for 3 episodes for 2013 but has Tara listed for 5 episodes for 2013-2014.

Abe for 0 episodes (so we know that's wrong)

Rosita for 3

and Eugene for 4