• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August C-Link Featured Auction Thread...

241 posts in this topic

Neither agreeing or disagreeing, just presenting a fact. My JIM 83 got a blue label even though it had a signature on the cover even though I never asked them to make it blue, and I don`t think they downgraded it for the writing because I thought the grade was fair (if anything, I thought it was actually generous).

Was it a 9.4 or higher? I suspect they don't downgrade for sigs much at 9.2 and below unless it's significantly large and distracting. The highest "Dennis Kjolso"-signed Winnipeg book I've seen was a 9.4, I believe it was a Spidey #27.

No, just a 9.0.

They may not give Qualified grades to books with front-cover sigs at all after they introduced the Signature Series. It never made much sense to attach the GLOD stigma to a book given that they barely downgrade for most signatures anyway.

Giving a GLOD to a book because there's a signature on the cover makes no sense. They don't do it because of random writing, date stamps, pedigree-related writing, etc. on the cover, so why should they do it because a creator's unauthenticated signature is on it? Particularly considering the financial impact of getting a GLOD.