• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tupenny’s Return to General: My Pressing Story

109 posts in this topic

Tupenny offers this BUY/SELL scenario for the Boards’ consideration.

The Mighty Tupenny will not participate in any debate which may follow. All facts of any consequence are presented below, in full. There is nothing more to add or explain about the facts.

To preempt any inquiries regarding Your2Pennies’ position on this topic, simply observe the following:

1) lollollollol

2) Comics :cloud9:

CONTROVERSY

Seller lists certified CGC slab for sale. No mention is made in the listing by Seller of whether the certified book was pressed or not pressed.

Buyer buys the slab @ sticker.

Subsequent to Buyer's purchase, Buyer & Seller exchange the usual messages regarding shipping details, payment details, etc. in completion of the transaction.

Buyer makes timely payment via paypal.

Seller receives paypal’s email notice of payment made & discovers the following note from Buyer therein:

Note from BUYER:

thank you? has this book been pressed? want to give it to a PROFESSIONAL PRESSER if it hasnt. if it has dont want to waste my money, BUYER

Why, that's utter dirtbaggery!

CGC don't consider it to be restoration, half of the reason being that they have difficulty identifying it with consistancy.

You could argue that they have therefore taken the 'not restoration' stance because it's convenient.

Or you could argue that they have therefore taken the 'not restoration' stance because they hammer NCB damage and were also attempting to offer their own pressing service to 'fix' the damage.

Or you might not.

However, I believe it to be restoration (if the least invasive of procedures) and I'm nothing like alone. Until CGC turned the screw on Overstreet, they also believed it to be restoration and spent a generation publishing their belief.

If you want to learn more and educate yourself, use the search function and you should turn up about 7,632 prior threads dealing with this family favourite topic. (thumbs u

That be the devil in the details right there.

Wonder if the mods will clean up the soft core pics in this thread like they did mine in the other hm

Wonder if the mods will clean up the soft core pics in this thread like they did mine in the other hm

Did someone say softcore pics?? hm

34qu592.jpg

34qu592.jpg

Not that there is anything wrong with that. (thumbs u

34qu592.jpg

Going for a nice walk in the rain after crackin' a few slabs :whee:

34qu592.jpg

Going for a nice walk in the rain after crackin' a few slabs :whee:

Crackin' slabs then a little moisture with some pressure............. doh!