• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whatever happened to the Modern Comics section?

63 posts in this topic

12 WD threads on the front page is a little much. I find that the modern section has been taken over by a couple of titles. Is modern comics so bad that no one wants to discuss, show or comment on anything besides 3-4 titles?

Another big problem is that no one wants to discuss anything that isn't brand new. That leaves about 15 years of Moern untouched for the most part.

What would really help is a "Current Comics" forum, in addition to the Modern forum.

12 WD threads on the front page is a little much. I find that the modern section has been taken over by a couple of titles. Is modern comics so bad that no one wants to discuss, show or comment on anything besides 3-4 titles?

Another big problem is that no one wants to discuss anything that isn't brand new That leaves about 15 years of Moern untouched for the most part.

What would really help is a "Current Comics" forum, in addition to the Modern forum.

Or a new age defined to split up nearly 20 years worth of 'Moderns'.

Its too bad that no one wants to discuss the so called flagship titles anymore. Where are the threads on Batman, Spider-man, Superman, X-men, FF, Hulk etc... Those comics still sell but I guess they are not very popular on here. As someone already mentioned the only moderns that really get discussed are a few titles that are current as in just out. The modern section spans over enough time to include a lot of good books and titles.

I was actually contemplating starting a Modern Batman thread. There's been some good stuff in the mythos lately (and some total dross), but I just thought it would be a waste of time. I may give it a try...

I was actually contemplating starting a Modern Batman thread. There's been some good stuff in the mythos lately (and some total dross), but I just thought it would be a waste of time. I may give it a try...

:sumo: Hiyo!

rantrant ... did I miss something!?

What about my thread for DC Comics covers, that was started quite a long time ago... come and see my thread stand apart from the others also while stiking a sexy good pose too!

P.S.

You wanted to start a Batman thread!? Where was you during the month I posted tons of Batmans from my collection and at the same time... looking for others to show off there, :taptaptap: !?

P.S.S.

Not trying to sound... I do not know, :censored: , but my thread is still alive and looking for more to contribute. So, how bout you show you all show some love!?

Everyone is free to comment on something they just read and really want to recommend. Look what happened last year when Steve recommended Chew. I would have missed it. So whether The Last Days of American Crime or Supergirl(vol. 5), show some love, I'll read anything someone has to say about a title they like.

Please do. :popcorn:

I read a lot of his books. It seems my Shaws gets all the Newsstand Bat books and nothing else, so I am a reader when I pick them up with the groceries. It would be nice to have a an expert fan's viewpoint to go with a lot of storylines, I am unfamiliar with(crossover madness).

What about my thread for DC Comics covers, that was started quite a long time ago... come and see my thread stand apart from the others also while stiking a sexy good pose too!

P.S.

You wanted to start a Batman thread!? Where was you during the month I posted tons of Batmans from my collection and at the same time... looking for others to show off there, :taptaptap: !?

P.S.S.

Not trying to sound... I do not know, :censored: , but my thread is still alive and looking for more to contribute. So, how bout you show you all show some love!?

You disappeared. I thought you got hit by a bus or something. I really enjoy your thread when I'm high speed with your scans. Keep up the good work, with your love and support of DC covers if you can(your work is appreciated). We are all part of the same team in this hobby. We have to keep it alive through our various passions. (thumbs u

P.S.

P.S.S.

You disappeared. I thought you got hit by a bus or something. I really enjoy your thread when I'm high speed with your scans. Keep up the good work, with your love and support of DC covers if you can(your work is appreciated). We are all part of the same team in this hobby. We have to keep it alive through our various passions. (thumbs u

Thanks for the love... I am the UnRested Spectre, I do not disappear for long! New post up and still looking for love and contributions to thread!

P.S.

"High on speed"!?

I guess we shouldn't be upset that there is 12 WD post but happy that people are posting in this section. However it would be great if there were threads and post about other comic titles. It seems that other post quickly go to the 2ND and 3rd page because of all the similar post.

For example there is a WD appreciation thread, why isn't that thread used to discuss the topic instead of 12 other WD post? The same people are posting in all of those threads so I don't see the need for 12 post. I am not trying to pick on the WD readers as I also read the comic. I would like to see more variation of topics on page 1 and for those other topics not to get bumped to page 2 because of all the same post.....do that make sense hm

Its really getting old with a few posting several WD threads on here now. Its like Ebay's Forum boards all over again. Let some of them die already.

They are dead. But the problem is that they are Walking Dead. :baiting:

(ba-doomp-doomp-chee)

The problem isn't people recommend or commenting on other books. Like you I would have missed out on Locke and Key except for that thread. The problem is that there is 12 threads on the same topic all on the first page while there is also a thread dedicated as an appreciation thread for that topic also there. The point was since it is the same topic (WD) with mostly the same members commenting then keep it to one thread....the WD appreciation thread. All these extra threads with the same people posting in them are driving other topics to the 2ND and 3rd page.

Everyone is free to comment on something they just read and really want to recommend. Look what happened last year when Steve recommended Chew. I would have missed it. So whether The Last Days of American Crime or Supergirl(vol. 5), show some love, I'll read anything someone has to say about a title they like.

The problem isn't people recommend or commenting on other books. Like you I would have missed out on Locke and Key except for that thread. The problem is that there is 12 threads on the same topic all on the first page while there is also a thread dedicated as an appreciation thread for that topic also there. The point was since it is the same topic (WD) with mostly the same members commenting then keep it to one thread....the WD appreciation thread. All these extra threads with the same people posting in them are driving other topics to the 2ND and 3rd page.
I think a lot of people were just sick of the constant GPA'ing of TWD and how it just became the basis of constant discussion or various sales announcements, so the actual discussions about the book were being lost. I want to take the moment to apologize to the boards for the thread I created. I just wanted to discuss stuff in the book again. :(

. I want to take the moment to apologize to the boards for the thread I created. I just wanted to discuss stuff in the book again. :(

Are you issuing a formal apology to yourself for allowing yourself to inflict this thread on yourself....?

hm