• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mcfarlane cover getting some serious money on the bay...

117 posts in this topic

If people know something bugs you, they'll keep prodding until you get pizzed off. They want to see how far you (or anyone for that matter) can be pushed. Just keep that in mind while you're on here and don't take things so personally

Sir, were you out and about comic shopping yesterday in the Niles area? I swear I saw someone who looked just like you.

I was out for a bit in the morning running errands, but not in Niles. Spent the rest of the day watching CFB (and following the boards). Which comic store in Niles?

Oh brother.

"xHBTBx" is actually something personal to me, and not a joke. That doesn't mean that the 20 page thread making fun of it wasn't hysterical. As I wrote to you via PM, context and intent are everything.

You implied I had an STD, which some may find insulting. But I don't, and you were obviously kidding, so it's all good.

Your statement about these comics being worthless, and that you therefore give them to your daugher was ironic, and I was just pointing that out.

I wonder how some of you get by in your day to day lives with such a thin skin. Just relax.

I believe it was called Ted & Sue's comics on Harlem. We'd never been there before and decided to check it out. Almost no back issues to speak of, but they did have a nice selection of those Eaglemoss lead figurines at 20% off ( picked up a Hellcat ). When we went in, my wife said " isn't that the guy from the forum dinner"? It did look like you, but I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't say hi. Good thing too, it would've been the second time in a month that I had a case of mistaken identity....I went up and started talking to a guy at Wizard World who I thought was Bomber Bob...he looked at me like I was nuts lol

RMA - If they're so worthless, send them on over to me. It won't cost you anything, since they have no value to you.

Mark-1 - Dream on. I pass all my worthless junk down to my daughter, and keep all the good stuff in my collection. That's what good fathers do.

Yep, my daughter gets my comics that I don't want.

With that said...now I am being serious...

Don't write or imply i'm not a good Father because then we have an entirely different argument on our hands here...

We can keep this conversation civil and where it belongs...on comics...

Start making comments about me as a Father and I'm telling you this won't be funny.

Good day.

Marc

This is ing hysterical. Don't stop now.

How Badly This Burns

You might want to go to a doc if that is what your new name stands for... :o

Yes, everyone made fun of my new name and we all had a good laugh.

With that said...now I am being serious.

Don't write or imply that I'm not a good sexual partner because I have some kind of STD.

We can keep this conversation civil and where it belongs...on comics...

Start making comments about me as a boyfriend and sexual partner and I'm telling you this won't be funny.

Good day.

Andrew

I can tell you that COI is one of the best sexual partners I've ever ha...heard of...

Yeah, heard of.

:whistle:

Ugh. Joe Rubenstein inks are just GHASTLY.

And not Graham Ingels ghastly, either...

:sick:

Nobody buries pencils better than Joe...

Nobody buries pencils better than Joe...

Wanna bet?

Personal opinion, so there.

:P

Oh sure, make an unsupportable and clearly false declaration, and then when called on it, go "personal opinion." I see how you operate, buddy

I used to hord that comic like crazy. I think I had 16 of #313 at one point. Hands down, the best cover of the run.
:screwy:

Here's Spidey #313:

313-2.jpg

And you're saying it's better than ALL of these...?

312-1.jpg

316-1.jpg

317-9.jpg

325-2.jpg

328-1.jpg

In a word; yes. Thanks for the pics and also the view of your hoard. Impressive.

In a word; yes. Thanks for the pics and also the view of your hoard. Impressive.

Well, so long as it's just personal opinion. ;)

I imagine the argument can be made against it from a technical, artistic, and iconic standpoint, though, quite easily.