• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clay Mann CGC Signature Series SKETCH COVER Opportunity!!!! Limited to 5

165 posts in this topic

Let me just go on record to say that these 3 were "planned" be in hand during MegaCon 2011 (March) however Clay has been in constant contact with me and has really went above and beyond on these sketches.

The result of the wait was two factors, 1. Clay has been swamped with work from Marvel, which has also lead to his Twin Brother Seth inking alot of his work. 2. Clay also took on waaay too many home commissions at shows (thanks in part to his exposure on these boards) which is why he is so backlogged. Luckily Clay has learned his lesson and is taking on fewer commissions at shows and not letting any spill over to take home commissions so that he can get to his wait list. I assure you that if you are waiting for a Clay Mann sketch he will get it done.

NOTE: If you are waiting on a sketch from Clay email him, he reads EVERY email, but note it may take a little bit for him to email you back. Clay will also be at MegaCon in February, as will I, so if you are WAITING ON a convention sketch/blank from him let him know to bring it to MegaCon and we can get it to CGC.

Well I want it known that it was not my intention to pile bad vibes on Clay. I love his art. His talent was obvious to me when I got my first sketch from him before joining these boards. After seeing him at several shows my brother and myself know Clay pretty well. We have his number and can call him any time we need to. Clay has a very dry or sarcastic sense of humor so I don't mind giving him grief about my wait time on my sketches, all in good humor lol

I do recommend everybody getting a Mann sketch for their collection. I should have been more specific when replying to Matt's post. Clay is backlogged and sometimes seeing people with sketches done at current shows, while waiting for something commissioned at a previous show can make people upset. But like Dan said keep emailing him and getting updates.

Let me just go on record to say that these 3 were "planned" be in hand during MegaCon 2011 (March) however Clay has been in constant contact with me and has really went above and beyond on these sketches.

The result of the wait was two factors, 1. Clay has been swamped with work from Marvel, which has also lead to his Twin Brother Seth inking alot of his work. 2. Clay also took on waaay too many home commissions at shows (thanks in part to his exposure on these boards) which is why he is so backlogged. Luckily Clay has learned his lesson and is taking on fewer commissions at shows and not letting any spill over to take home commissions so that he can get to his wait list. I assure you that if you are waiting for a Clay Mann sketch he will get it done.

NOTE: If you are waiting on a sketch from Clay email him, he reads EVERY email, but note it may take a little bit for him to email you back. Clay will also be at MegaCon in February, as will I, so if you are WAITING ON a convention sketch/blank from him let him know to bring it to MegaCon and we can get it to CGC.

Well I want it known that it was not my intention to pile bad vibes on Clay. I love his art. His talent was obvious to me when I got my first sketch from him before joining these boards. After seeing him at several shows my brother and myself know Clay pretty well. We have his number and can call him any time we need to. Clay has a very dry or sarcastic sense of humor so I don't mind giving him grief about my wait time on my sketches, all in good humor lol

I do recommend everybody getting a Mann sketch for their collection. I should have been more specific when replying to Matt's post. Clay is backlogged and sometimes seeing people with sketches done at current shows, while waiting for something commissioned at a previous show can make people upset. But like Dan said keep emailing him and getting updates.

(thumbs u