• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers/Defenders War......

46 posts in this topic

Look at the quality of art that you would get nearly 40 years ago on a cover. Just amazing. The detail, quality foreshortening, the coloring..

What amazes me is that the target audience was still mostly kids, and I can honestly remember thinking what a crazy deal 25-cent comics were - 4/$1 - I bought as many as my allowance would allow.

Look at the quality of art that you would get nearly 40 years ago on a cover. Just amazing. The detail, quality foreshortening, the coloring..

What amazes me is that the target audience was still mostly kids, and I can honestly remember thinking what a crazy deal 25-cent comics were - 4/$1 - I bought as many as my allowance would allow.

Same here! Even when I got my first job in high school comics were somewhere between $.60 & $.75 cents! oh the days when you could walk out of the comic shop with 30 books for $20 bucks!

I've read the entire run, and it's my opinion that the author of that list was on a crack smoking binge at the time. Defenders between around issues 40-124 are very strange.A few solid doubles but more swings and misses. Issue 125 brings about a team that is very similar to the original X-Men and from there to the end it's more of a tradional team book. The early Marvel Feature books are not anything special but from around issue #4 to the mid 20s are great, as are the Giant Size issues.

I've read the entire run, and it's my opinion that the author of that list was on a crack smoking binge at the time.

Agreed, and some of his choices are downright bizarre, as are the exclusions. Either that. or the author is David Kraft writing under a pseudonym. :insane:

I've read the entire run, and it's my opinion that the author of that list was on a crack smoking binge at the time.

Agreed, and some of his choices are downright bizarre, as are the exclusions. Either that. or the author is David Kraft writing under a pseudonym. :insane:

lol