• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EAST HANOVER NJ COMIC BOOK EXPO-SEPT 26TH-GUEST ARTIST HEMBECK!

15 posts in this topic

Sun, July 26th, 10am-4pm

East Hanover Comic Book Expo

Ramada Inn Conference Center Hotel

130 Rt 10 West, East Hanover, NJ

Admission: $2 (2nd parent and kids under 12 free) Parking is easy & FREE!

We have everything from Golden Age to this week's current comics. Hot titles, variant editions and investment grade CGC books, too. Notable sales from recent shows include Green Lantern #1 (GA & SA), FF #1, #5, #12, Showcase #4, Marvel Mystery #8, JIM #83, X-Men #1 & #2, TOS #1, #39 & #57, All-Star #1 & #4 and countless other keys. Don't miss our unbeatable selection of comics for serious collectors and thousands of bargain comics for beginners or folks that just love to be able to buy tons and not break the bank.

Dealers this month include many of your favorites and many new guys as well!

Special guest is artist Fred Hembeck! He will be signing, sketching and selling original art all day.

Our legendary no minimum bid auction is at noon. A typical auction offers $1,000's worth of stuff that usually sells for a fraction of its full value. In recent months we sold a stack of Silver Age Spideys for about 1/4 guide, a $500 stack of SA Strange Tales for only $125, a box of magazines worth over $200 sold for only $30, dozens of busts and statues for less than half retail, CGC graded 9.4 & 9.6 Miracleman comics at way below the going online rate, five copies of the first print Spidey Obama cover for the price of one, an unpublished page of art from SA great D*ck Ayers for only $23, a box of SA & BA worth over $2,200 for only $265, a handwritten letter with full signature from legendary (but reclusive) artist Steve Ditko for $150! Countless variants and "one per store" items at a fraction of their full value… What'll we have this time? Be there and find out.

If any of you folks have any special wants, send me an e-mail at pugprdctns@aol.com by Friday, the 24th

so that I have time to forward your lists to our dealers.

Other upcoming shows:

Clifton 10/10

East Hanover 10/24

Clifton 11/14

East Hanover 11/28

Clifton 12/12

East Hanover 12/19

Check out our website at www.NJcomicbookshows.com for more info, show pics and maps.

For any of the "unwashed masses" that don't know who Hembeck is, what follows is a bio in his own words...

Fred Hembeck was born in 1953, reborn in 1959 when he read his very

first comic book, and born yet a third time in 1977 when, while

attempting to break into the comics biz, he somehow BECAME a comic book

character himself (which is much too long a story to go into here, trust

me...)!! Since then, he's notched such accomplishments as serving as

staff cartoonist for The Daily Planet, roasted The Fantastic Four, and

most infamously, destroyed the Marvel Universe (or tried to,

anyway...)!! These days, Fred continues to churn out his quirky,

squiggle-laden cartoons from his upstate New York home, in the company

of Lynn Moss, his wife of three decades, Julie Hembeck, daughter of two,

and cats Mario and Luigi, pets of one. He enjoys leaving the house

occasionally to meet with fans at events like the East Hanover Comic Book Expo--and promises not to talk in the third person while doing so, honest!!

We have just added artist Glenn Whitmore as a guest on the 26th as well...

GLENN WHITMORE’s comic book ambitions began at age ten when he first attended the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art. Glenn graduated in 1987. A year later he began an eleven-year-run as colorist on the Superman titles for DC Comics, which included landmark storylines of the hero's engagement, death, return, and marriage to Lois Lane. For over twenty years Glenn has also provided color to popular comic book titles such as The Power of Shazam, Justice Society, Nexus, and most recently, Archie.

Glenn also self-publishes the retro sci-fi comic, Captain Clockwork, in which four heroes can manipulate time and are sworn to protect the course of history from the evil that threatens to change it. Copies of Captain Clockwork will be available at the show.

All tables sold out! We'll have a nice selection of everything from bargain readers to Golden Age. One dealer will be bringing a huge selection of signed limited hardcovers, along with scarce volumes detailing the history of our hobby, fanzines and vintage ephemera (such as a Junior JSA Badge) that he is breaking out from his personal collection.

I have been attending these shows on and off for a couple of years now. The dealers are all very friendly and fair and it has a lot more of a small town feeling than the larger shows. In fact I have found more key Silver Age books for my collection at good prices at these shows than at Big Apple or NYCC! And the suction is always a lot of fun with a lot of good natured kidding going on throughout the proceedings! If you are in the area stop by!

Mitch

I have been attending these shows on and off for a couple of years now. The dealers are all very friendly and fair and it has a lot more of a small town feeling than the larger shows. In fact I have found more key Silver Age books for my collection at good prices at these shows than at Big Apple or NYCC! And the suction is always a lot of fun with a lot of good natured kidding going on throughout the proceedings! If you are in the area stop by!

Mitch

Please tell me you meant "auction"... not "suction"... JP