• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we please have a "New Comics" sub forum?

33 posts in this topic

The MODs might as well give in and do it. If they've kept track of RMA they know he doesn't stop. He relentless............run, MODs, run. :eek:

He relentless, yes. He smashum good! Make good grammar too!

(thumbs u

The MODs might as well give in and do it. If they've kept track of RMA they know he doesn't stop. He relentless............run, MODs, run. :eek:

He relentless, yes. He smashum good! Make good grammar too!

(thumbs u

I love it when you talk dirty to me...

:luhv:

:sick:

A new Sub Forum for "New Comics", separate from the "Modern Comics" sub forum? The Modern Comics forum is great, truly, but it has defaulted to discussions focused almost exclusively on stuff that's brand new, and everything from *about* 1993-2007 has entered the vast wasteland of apathy.

Pretty please...?

:wishluck:

If this era doesn't generate a huge amount of interest in its designated section - why would creating a sub-forum improve traffic or postings? Better to get cross-traffic from those interested in recent releases, even if it is mostly about TWD and Chew. It's not like topics get pushed off the first page in a day or two.

That's a fair question, and I'll give you a fair answer: because any discussion not concerning new releases is quickly buried under the avalanche of discussion about new releases.

Not that there's anything wrong with new releases. Not at all. As the 12 Walking Dead threads can attest, it's very much a necessary sub forum on the boards.

Meaningful discussion HAS occured in Modern concerning "not new releases", but it has been rare, and such discussion, again, gets buried. Better attempts have actually occured in Copper, so COI's idea about a "Copper/Modern" and "New Releases" is a good one, too.

Either way, New Releases should be its own sub forum.

Yay? Nay?

Perhaps it's The Walking Dead that needs its own sub-forum (along with Action#1 while we're at it.)

Because to generalize, the majority of books from '93 to '07 were well-written, with great art? By all means, please make your case....

'93 to '00 was perhaps the worst creative period in comics history. '00 to '07 was much better, but, for the most part, deserving of my comment above.

Nah. 93-96 was. 96-2000 was actually pretty good. You had Bone, Preacher, Sandman, Kingdom Come, Astro City, JLA, Thunderbolts, Cerebus, Strangers in Paradise, Fathom (which actually had a nice premise), Kevin Smith's Daredevil, Ellis' Stormwatch, Authority, and Planetary (yes, there's overlap)...there was actually a lot that was really, really good.

93-96 IS a vast wasteland, but after the contraction in 96-97, it wasn't so bad at all.

And this would be a PERFECT discussion in that sub-forum. :)

With ya on all the above.... :acclaim:

well... maybe not Fathom...

The problem was proportioning. Marvel's business plan was to flood shelves and grab 'market share'. The result was a flood of horrible books. At the same time, stuff like teenage Tony Stark, the Spidey Chapter One fiasco, Heroes Reborn etc etc alienated longtime readers... and good luck if you were a new reader.

I will grant that the proportion did improve as the decade closed.

The problem was proportioning. Marvel's business plan was to flood shelves and grab 'market share'. The result was a flood of horrible books. At the same time, stuff like teenage Tony Stark, the Spidey Chapter One fiasco, Heroes Reborn etc etc alienated longtime readers... and good luck if you were a new reader.

Oh, I know, I know. Every single serious collector of comics should know the history of Marvel under Ron Perelman, and how he almost single handedly crushed the industry, and brought Marvel to within a single judgement of ceasing publication.

Fascinating, mind-blowing, scary stuff....Perelman makes Doctor Doom look like Paste Pot Pete.

But what do you expect from a makeup salesman....

Oh, I know, I know. Every single serious collector of comics should know the history of Marvel under Ron Perelman, and how he almost single handedly crushed the industry, and brought Marvel to within a single judgement of ceasing publication.

Fascinating, mind-blowing, scary stuff....Perelman makes Doctor Doom look like Paste Pot Pete.

But what do you expect from a makeup salesman....

And then being happy Carl Icahn has taken an interest in your company..... :tonofbricks:

Devil and the deep blue sea....

I think the copper forum should be renamed to Copper/Modern, and the Modern forum renamed to "New Releases".

Actually making another section would be overkill, since only like 5 people frequent the copper section.

Have wildly_fanciful_statement today boy?