• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Skullkickers Appreciation

104 posts in this topic

weird ebay results on these. sold via BIN almost immediately a set for a little under $30. had a sharp 9.6 - 9.8 copy of the cooler Hulk/after kirby cover up and nobody bid at $10 or hit the BIN at $17 to get free shipping, though there was plenty of action the last day or two where people were buying that one for more than my opening bid. have a slightly less pristine set up that is getting a couple of bids and is over $10 now.

if it doesn't sell on my re-list maybe one of my LCSes will let me trade it in for a $15 credit as they're probably getting calls on it.

I would just hold on to them. You'd only walk away with $8 profit. Might as well ride it out and see how it does over the next couple months. I can easily forsee this getting picked up for a show on like Showtime or HBO. A Warcraft feature is stalled out as it needs a really big budget, so there's a demand for this material in entertainment..... so I can see this doing well in the future. The writer is also new, I'd wait and let him him get comfortable with the book.

I can't imagine why this would be picked up for a show. If HBO did want to make a show based on a fantasy comic book property, there are countless other longer running true classics out there that have a lot more than a small first issue print run going for them.

Me neither - thinking this title is going to be picked up by HBO or Showtime based on a superbly average 1st issue is, quite frankly, insane.

weird ebay results on these. sold via BIN almost immediately a set for a little under $30. had a sharp 9.6 - 9.8 copy of the cooler Hulk/after kirby cover up and nobody bid at $10 or hit the BIN at $17 to get free shipping, though there was plenty of action the last day or two where people were buying that one for more than my opening bid. have a slightly less pristine set up that is getting a couple of bids and is over $10 now.

if it doesn't sell on my re-list maybe one of my LCSes will let me trade it in for a $15 credit as they're probably getting calls on it.

I would just hold on to them. You'd only walk away with $8 profit. Might as well ride it out and see how it does over the next couple months. I can easily forsee this getting picked up for a show on like Showtime or HBO. A Warcraft feature is stalled out as it needs a really big budget, so there's a demand for this material in entertainment..... so I can see this doing well in the future. The writer is also new, I'd wait and let him him get comfortable with the book.

I can't imagine why this would be picked up for a show. If HBO did want to make a show based on a fantasy comic book property, there are countless other longer running true classics out there that have a lot more than a small first issue print run going for them.

Me neither - thinking this title is going to be picked up by HBO or Showtime based on a superbly average 1st issue is, quite frankly, insane.

so thunbs up or down on this title to pick from a read and enjoy not invest point of view? Also any have comments on the D&D issues? Sword and Socery making a comeback?

i think it's a perfectly decent little read, but it has a lot of filler and not a lot of pages, so it's like a 3 minute read. the interior art is just ok, so it's not like you are going to spend a lot of time enjoying and closely examining the interior art.

as things stand, when you look at the non-marvel/DC wall at your comic shop, there seem to be a fair number of sword and sorcery titles coming out nowadays. probably the best time in a long time for breadth of comic product in that area.

it's tough to compete though....I can get 5 or 6 hours of reading out of a $6.99 fantasy paperback (which is more like $5 after I use a border's coupon). sure, there aren't many pretty pictures, but you get the idea...