• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Market corrections in September Clink auction results?

127 posts in this topic

+1

I have been waiting on an Avengers #4 for just this reason. Not a rare book, and prices are not sustainable at this level for the longer haul.

I thought a title change was warranted as this thread will be relevant long past discussing the September Clink results...

ComicLink

I only used the numbers mentioned in their emails each month when the auction started. Sometimes CL mentioned a number of books, sometimes they don't and the numbers are rounded so it is not an exact.

1/09 - 3400

1/10 - 4200

2/10 - 2100

3/10 - 3500

4/10 - 2000

5/10 - 2000

6/10 - 2500

9/10 - 2400

unless there are big influx of books to CL in the next week or so, the October auction could be one with less than 2000...I think my estimate right now is around 1400 books so far.

So have you figured out the numbers for October yet?

ComicLink

I only used the numbers mentioned in their emails each month when the auction started. Sometimes CL mentioned a number of books, sometimes they don't and the numbers are rounded so it is not an exact.

1/09 - 3400

1/10 - 4200

2/10 - 2100

3/10 - 3500

4/10 - 2000

5/10 - 2000

6/10 - 2500

9/10 - 2400

unless there are big influx of books to CL in the next week or so, the October auction could be one with less than 2000...I think my estimate right now is around 1400 books so far.

So have you figured out the numbers for October yet?

i applaud the effort but i think you need to compare year over year (oct vs oct) vs month to month. some of these are "featured" auctions, some are "focused" auctions. i think there's a difference

yes, more data is needed for a better comparison so for now I am just compiling them starting from 1/09, maybe in 6 months or so, we will see a trend and more meaningful comparison.

As far as October CL data, I think they are still open to take in more books so it is not final yet...but it has grown to almost 1800 by my estimate so there is a chance to keep the streak alive.

I know Heritage had a rush to meet the deadline and I will need to revise the November auction number as soon as they finalize for the catalogue

yes, more data is needed for a better comparison so for now I am just compiling them starting from 1/09, maybe in 6 months or so, we will see a trend and more meaningful comparison.

As far as October CL data, I think they are still open to take in more books so it is not final yet...but it has grown to almost 1800 by my estimate so there is a chance to keep the streak alive.

I know Heritage had a rush to meet the deadline and I will need to revise the November auction number as soon as they finalize for the catalogue

2700 and counting

Yeah, I noticed that the page number on the Clink auction about doubled last week, so I figured that they would meet their typical numbers. Lots of nice books in that auction, but a lot of low-mid grade too (as you would expect in a focused auction).

I wish they would run another eBetter auction. Always lots of great lots and oddball stuff in those, and you can usually get stuff quite cheap.