• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Super-Hero List (A listers, B listers, C listers, D listers)

34 posts in this topic

I think Iron Man is an 'A Lister' these days.

He probably leans heavy on DC :gossip:

I think right now Iron Man is very popular and the movies are certainly "A" movies. Some of the best, and possibly my favorite superhero movies ever.

But the character really was not super popular until the movies, and even now I don't think I would rank him amongst Superman, Batman, or Spider-Man.

B list is still impressive.

Where would non-Marvel/DC characters like Hellboy and Spawn fit?

I believe Spawn and Hellboy would fit into the C list. Tough call but there not in the same ranks as say Green Lantern or Flash so there not B.

(In America anyway)

Where would non-Marvel/DC characters like Hellboy and Spawn fit?

I believe Spawn and Hellboy would fit into the C list. Tough call but there not in the same ranks as say Green Lantern or Flash so there not B.

(In America anyway)

I sort of agree, especially if we're talking about longevity of a character's popularity, but they actually made TWO Hellboy movies.... he's a little more well known to a mid-to-younger audience than people think.

Flash can barely keep his own comic series.

Saying it's a tough call is fair, because they both seem to be reaching that point where it's debatable.

Here's my 2c

A-List.....Superman,Batman,Spider-man,Hulk,Fantastic four,Wolverine/X-Men,Green Lantern,Wonder Woman,yes Iron Man has gained A list status.

B-List.....Silver Surfer,Avengers,Blade,Conan,Capt. America,Flash,Moon Knight,Daredevil,Hellboy,TMNT.

C-List.....Aquaman, Spectre, Green Arrow, Sub-Mariner, Human Torch,Nick Fury,Iron Fist.

D-List....Who really cares (shrug)

Outside of teams like the FF and TMNT, I don't really think superhero teams (like the Avengers or JLA) make sense on this type of list. Really need several A-List levels:

A+ List.....Superman, Spider-man, Batman

A List.....Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Joker, Fantastic Four

A- List.....Capt. America, Green Lantern, Thor, Wonder Woman

B-List.....Punisher, Daredevil, Flash, Hellboy, Silver Surfer, Spawn, TMNT, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Deadpool,

C-List.....Conan, Sub-Mariner, Nick Fury, Green Goblin, Galactus, Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Venom, Cat Woman, Penguin

Outside of teams like the FF and TMNT, I don't really think superhero teams (like the Avengers or JLA) make sense on this type of list. Really need several A-List levels:

A+ List.....Superman, Spider-man, Batman

A List.....Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Joker, Fantastic Four

A- List.....Capt. America, Green Lantern, Thor, Wonder Woman

B-List.....Punisher, Daredevil, Flash, Hellboy, Silver Surfer, Spawn, TMNT, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Deadpool,

C-List.....Conan, Sub-Mariner, Nick Fury, Green Goblin, Galactus, Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Venom, Cat Woman, Penguin

I think this is a good idea!

How bout this

List:

1) Super Heroes

2) Super Villians

3) Super Teams