• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fookiller's NYCC Con Report

61 posts in this topic

Then there are quite a few buyers who simply won't buy things online. I think those of us on the boards know that any SA, BA and modern book as well as most GA can be had pretty easily given money and patience. For those that only buy at stores and shows, finding the right book can be a lot tougher. So paying up doesn't seem like a big deal.

There are those who enjoy the hunt and the bidding process and those who find it frustrating and a waste of their time.

I was surprised when I started doing shows again about seven years ago how very difficult it was to get anyone I'd meet at the shows to buy anything from the website. It was like the con buyers were very different animals. I could hand out 100 cards and get 1 or zero sales after a major show. Yet plenty of internet orders would come in from all over the country and the world. Someone could ask me for something specific and cheap and even if I told them that I had it back in Berkeley and couldn't bring it, here's the website to order it--nothing would happen. And my free shipping limit back then was $20!

For me there's nothing quite like selling comics in a person to person context. And there are a lot of people that will only buy in person or at a show(or shop). I can almost always get more at a show for average BA and SA than by selling online.

And shows are what makes the hobby fun for me. :banana: