• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep #22 (1st Archie, Jughead, Veronica) For Sale [SOLD]

104 posts in this topic

Thanks for the welcome folks! I don't really do forums. I'm not selling anything else nor am I interested in selling anything else.

But I do love to talk about collecting GA/SA comics! I'll have to check out the other sections.

Hey Roy howyadoin'? Still got that GSXM #1 for sale? hm

on eBay.

(thumbs u

No questions asked? No questions answered? hm

Not sure what you're asking? I've had lots of interest through here and the boards since I put it for sale on there...anyway, send me a PM if you're interested. Don't want to derail this thread.

This is bad form Roy, talking about your book in someone else's sale thread. This should have been discussed via PM

You're absolutely right, although I was simply replying to posts. I was wondering what Divad was getting at is all.

I think what people assumed was that this was a dead thread as things looked fishy but the seller might be legit.

All offending posts have been deleted.

Sorry all.

:foryou:

Hi all,

I have a COVERLESS Pep #22 in beautiful shape that I am fielding offers for. This copy is tight to the spine, staples are shiny, excellent page quality, no brittleness, and 100% complete. This is absolutely the nicest coverless copy available on the market right now.

sany0503u.jpg

As many of you know, recently beater coverless copies in horrendous shape have sold on Ebay for $3200+.

I am asking $4500 in a combination of cash/trade for this copy. I will cover shipping/insurance. At the rate these are selling at high prices, I think that's a steal.

I am collector, not a dealer, and am looking to sell to another COLLECTOR only.

I am looking for a cash (paypal), or part cash (paypal)/part trade deal.

I am always looking to trade for Golden Age DC keys, early Superman issues, Silver Age Marvel keys, and Adventure #247.

I have attached a picture above to show the quality and crispness of this book.

For more pictures or to discuss or place an offer, please PM me or contact me at:

brainiacfive.0@gmail.com

I will consider all serious cash/trade offers. Thanks!

:takeit: pm was also sent

Hi all,

I have a COVERLESS Pep #22 in beautiful shape that I am fielding offers for. This copy is tight to the spine, staples are shiny, excellent page quality, no brittleness, and 100% complete. This is absolutely the nicest coverless copy available on the market right now.

sany0503u.jpg

As many of you know, recently beater coverless copies in horrendous shape have sold on Ebay for $3200+.

I am asking $4500 in a combination of cash/trade for this copy. I will cover shipping/insurance. At the rate these are selling at high prices, I think that's a steal.

I am collector, not a dealer, and am looking to sell to another COLLECTOR only.

I am looking for a cash (paypal), or part cash (paypal)/part trade deal.

I am always looking to trade for Golden Age DC keys, early Superman issues, Silver Age Marvel keys, and Adventure #247.

I have attached a picture above to show the quality and crispness of this book.

For more pictures or to discuss or place an offer, please PM me or contact me at:

brainiacfive.0@gmail.com

I will consider all serious cash/trade offers. Thanks!

:takeit: pm was also sent

Hmmmmmmm....... hm

so you're ignoring the :takeit: which was posted. Good Form

Actually, I committed to the book last nite via PM (and kind of alluded to it in the post I made in the thread) but because the seller is relatively new on here he didn't really know the usual form etiquette to edit the thread.

It was pretty late and I rushed off to bed after we PM'd.

He's new, so I'd cut him some slack. Seems a reasonable enough person.

Well, I've already spoken to Boobiegears via PM and he seemed understanding. The seller seems reasonable as well.

It's always tough when someone new comes on here and offers a fairly big book but it's also not rocket science.

Hopefully everything goes relatively smoothly.

(thumbs u

I spoke to the seller in detail.

He started the auction, and ended it when someone made him a strong offer.

He didn't realize at the time that he was making a big boo boo by doing so, as he says he isn't a very experienced seller but got slagged with emails by people for ending the auction early and so he likely learned his lesson that way.

He held up his end of the deal regardless by keeping to the private sale of the book.

Turns out the private buyer could not afford to pay for the book and so the seller allowed them to back out. It seems the buyer had some recent personal difficulty which prevented them paying for the book.

I was in talks with the private buyer yesterday, who was working with me on a deal and they confirmed the story today. They did indeed back out of the deal (acc. to what they said).

That's my knowledge of the situation.