• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halloween Idea.

24 posts in this topic

it does seem amazing to me that promoting comic books in the states is necessary, considering its the home of the comic book. i would have thought american kids were still very much into them.

Due to direct distribution, the days of kids picking up comics at a 7-11 or on a trip to the supermarket with mom are long gone. They're also hideously expensive (to a kid). If you want comics, you have to go to a comic book store. There's only one within 75 miles of where I live, and it's a creepy place to me, and I'm 38. I can't see parents wanting to take their kids into that dungeon.

thanks for the insight. i am quite shocked. UK=scary unwashed frequenting comic shops.

USA=not so much, i would have thought. no wonder comics is all about nostalgia if you are a baby boomer.

Tonight was trick or treat night in my community (don't know why but it is always the last Thursday of October). It was a nice night with a few gusts of wind, but any October night that stays above 50 degrees in PA is a good night.

Anyhow the results were wonderful. The first set of kids made a beeline to the comics and didn't even see me with the candy that I was giving out. Everyone from the kids to the parents thought it was a great idea with most kids liking the comic books more then the candy. Near the end of the night a few kids showed up and asked if this was the house giving out free comics. That tells me it was a good idea.

There was one parent that came up to make sure the books were free, for the book his kid had was from 1979, and that's pretty old. I assured him that they were free and I wasn't giving away anything that was worth a ton of money, just something that the kids would like.

Just a quick observation, the little girls like Archie type books. Also they want books with girls in them if possible. Boys want Batman, Spiderman, and Iron Man. The older boys want G.I Joe and Punisher type books. I didn't put out any Punisher for I didn't want them to go to the little kids.

If anyone else puts comics out let us know how if goes.