• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn, This place makes me.......

50 posts in this topic

...........Jealous!!! I thought my collection was nice until I joined here earlier this year! Every day I am on here I do all I can not to put myself in debt by buying things... :gossip: Foolkillers sale thread is driving me nuts! Some very nice books on here, Cheetahs and Ghost Towns sets make me day dream a lot! lol ....and then theirs Captain Tripps too! doh!

Don't worry about it SS .... the people here are for the most part "lifers" and your collection will grow as the years go by. Its not a race...... its a joy :cloud9:

Pretty incredible some of the collections I have seen on here.

I like going in the registry and checking out peoples galleries. Ghost Towns set with 100% images :o get to work Cheetah :baiting:

Cheetah's got over 5000 slabs, where the hell would he start? :eek:

I like going in the registry and checking out peoples galleries. Ghost Towns set with 100% images :o get to work Cheetah :baiting:

I can agree with that! Ive started adding pics to my copper hulk set and was surprised how much work it is.

It can be very humbling but I collect because I enjoy what I collect. I buy what I like and am able to afford. Sure I wish I could have more but I feel fortunate to have what I have.

You own one of the greatest comics in the world, Captain Humility. :)

It can be very humbling but I collect because I enjoy what I collect. I buy what I like and am able to afford. Sure I wish I could have more but I feel fortunate to have what I have.

Good post, the feeling is mutual......but I still envy them high grade Marvel collections!

I can agree with that! Ive started adding pics to my copper hulk set and was surprised how much work it is.
Yeah. I can take something like 15 pictures of one side of a graded comic alone. I usually shoot it crooked or too much flash. It takes a while, but they look better than scans, IMHO.

Remember though I bought that one off the stands for cover price and was fortunate with it. I should have bought all they had :)

Remember though I bought that one off the stands for cover price and was fortunate with it. I should have bought all they had :)

Even still, (worship)

SS This place is very humbling,but just have to keep things in perspective.Like everyone here has said,most of these guys are lifers,just take your time and have fun with each aquisition.On another note I am so lazy to get pics or even enter my slabs in the registry,I wish they had a registry/database for raw books too.

SS This place is very humbling,but just have to keep things in perspective.Like everyone here has said,most of these guys are lifers,just take your time and have fun with each aquisition.On another note I am so lazy to get pics or even enter my slabs in the registry,I wish they had a registry/database for raw books too.

I agree with the having fun part...., but Registry :lol: See my custom thingee....,

:gossip:and I am a lifer too....,

I agree with the having fun part...., but Registry :lol: See my custom thingee....,

:gossip:and I am a lifer too....,

I am with you,I could care less about the registry.It's all about talking to the fine board members. (thumbs u

...........Jealous!!! I thought my collection was nice until I joined here earlier this year! Every day I am on here I do all I can not to put myself in debt by buying things... :gossip: Foolkillers sale thread is driving me nuts! Some very nice books on here, Cheetahs and Ghost Towns sets make me day dream a lot! lol ....and then theirs Captain Tripps too! doh!

all of my collection and most of my husband's got burned up in our fire..I have one slab now (Thank you Fing Fang Foom) and a handful of comics (again thanks Fing Fang Foom) So don't be jealous..just start a kick azz collection of your own..

I went for a long time being dissatisfied with my scanner so I didn't scan at all, thinking I would catch up when I found something decent. Now I have a scanner that is better but still not great and I'll never catch up. I'm just shooting for getting all my GA and completed sets done this year.

And I collect what I like to collect, too. I don't own any books that I don't really enjoy having. I like the Registry for a lot of reasons but mostly because it helps me keep track of what I'm missing. I enjoy looking at other people's sets, too. Ghost Town and DOc Joe are my favorites because they collect a lot of the some types of titles I do.