• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn, This place makes me.......

50 posts in this topic

No, you remember the facts correctly. The slow payments and the repeated co-mingling were enough for the disbarment.

For most on the boards, details are not important ...

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Semantics. Lawyers can spin it any way they want, for the layman it's easier to say he stole from grandmas. That's what it boils down to, anyway.

...........Jealous!!! I thought my collection was nice until I joined here earlier this year! Every day I am on here I do all I can not to put myself in debt by buying things... :gossip: Foolkillers sale thread is driving me nuts! Some very nice books on here, Cheetahs and Ghost Towns sets make me day dream a lot! lol ....and then theirs Captain Tripps too! doh!

Stop investing in ASM #194 in 9.8, you'll be much happier :baiting:

And don't be jealous of Capt. Tripps. He's a lawyer who was disbarred for stealing money from grandmothers to obtain his collection/business. Special place in hell for him.

Stu?? lol I sold the #194.....I settled for a 9.6 copy! It was a over-priced book.

No, you remember the facts correctly. The slow payments and the repeated co-mingling were enough for the disbarment.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Semantics. Lawyers can spin it any way they want, for the layman it's easier to say he stole from grandmas. That's what it boils down to, anyway.

Wow cute avatar picture..

Agreed details are not necessary,not for us to know.

Brian/Foolkiller had started a thread back in 2006 which outlined reality in the situation. I had heard many stories about Doug, and upon finding this thread it cleared up much of the rumors that have been spread. What occurred was bad enough - adding to it can make you believe he caused the recession, came up with the concept of Ponzi schemes, and is close to admitting he was on the grassy knoll.

My Conversation with Doug Schmell

Agreed details are not necessary,not for us to know.

Brian/Foolkiller had started a thread back in 2006 which outlined reality in the situation. I had heard many stories about Doug, and upon finding this thread it cleared up much of the rumors that have been spread. What occurred was bad enough - adding to it can make you believe he caused the recession, came up with the concept of Ponzi schemes, and is close to admitting he was on the grassy knoll.

My Conversation with Doug Schmell

Here's the core thread that came before that one: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1050056&fpart=1

It appears this started the conversation, but then Brian tried to bring facts to the discussion.

At least someone was consistent in that thread. lol

Well, how else do you expect someone to make a buck?

Crack out, clean, press and resub? :sumo:

Oh, wait a minute... doh!

Just kidding, Nick. :foryou:

Gotta agree with Mike.

<3

<3

<3

There is a lot of love going on here man..aww it is so sweet!!

What would the world be without Mikes ??